X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight attendant attacked

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/ne...name_page.html

Sigh, the poor flight attendant was on my flight back from Palma the next day.
    pretty shaken up.

Disgusting

I am so glad I have left, could easily have been me.
    No longer a flight atttendant!

That is just ridiculous. And charges should definitely be placed.

I'm so glad you're out of there. It seems that any job that involves customers and alcohol are the worst.

OT: How freakin' pathetic is your life when the only thing you enjoy is getting drunk off your ass?
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

And here is that awful woman's reply: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm...name_page.html

Urgh.

At least the airline are doing the right thing. Cabin crew are well trained in medical situations as well as diffusing situations, and I cannot believe she was having a panic attack.
      Last edited by AirHostess; 05-30-2007, 06:00 PM.

Comment

The steward should be mad also at the person who didn't deny her boarding. I mean, hen party t-shirts didn't give them a partial clue to trouble? What is the policy for that airline? It varies over here, but most of the time if there is a question they aren't even allowed onboard and the pilot has the final call. Because a "happy" drunk on the ground doesn't mean they won't get beligerent on the flight. Doen't altitude effect how "drunk" you get off one drink?

Comment

I showed this to my mom, who does have panic attacks on occasion, and she doesn't believe for a second the woman was having one. I don't think it's possible to "fall forward" and end up headbutting someone, at least not with the force I imagine it to have been.

(wtf does the fact that the ground crew was all-male have to do with this anyhoo?...unless she's trying to cry discrimination/more abuse somehow)
          Quoth auntiem View Post
          Doen't altitude effect how "drunk" you get off one drink?
          IIRC, the cabin is pressurized for sea level (or slightly above). If the airport you end up in is at a higher altitude than the originating airport, you will feel it if you've had a drink on the flight. At 6500 feet, one beer has the same effect as four at sea level (or something like that).
          Last edited by Dreamstalker; 05-30-2007, 06:22 PM.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

A little language barrier help here - what is a "hen party"?

Also, I kinda thought that, by now, this long after 9/11, people
            would know better than to be this way on a freakin' AIRPLANE.

Seriously. Do you really want an air marshal to shoot you in the face?
            Herewith, a nugget of wisdom from the very wise Mike Brady: "Alone, we can only move buckets. But if we work together, we can drain rivers."

--
            mannabozo.wordpress.com

Comment

Its like a bachelorette party from my lurking on Yahoo Answers Weddings section.

Comment

Quoth JustAGirl View Post
                Its like a bachelorette party from my lurking on Yahoo Answers Weddings section.

Aaaaaah, thank you!
                Herewith, a nugget of wisdom from the very wise Mike Brady: "Alone, we can only move buckets. But if we work together, we can drain rivers."

--
                mannabozo.wordpress.com

Comment

Of course they're going to try to cry "discrimination".... isn't that what an SC does? "ooooh the big bad flight attendant intimidated us and made me panic!" If it had been a female attendant, this never would have even come up. It's absolutely sickening. In the first article, the lot of them were drunk... now the rest were sober and it was just one causing trouble? Not bloody likely.
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Question for Princess Katie: As an air steward are you allowed to defend yourself if attacked?
                    Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Dude, I've never been on a plane, but I've said several times that if I ever am, and some idiot starts acting a fool on there with me, I'm going to stuff them in the overhead bin spine first. And it's not just me, I know of a great many people who feel the exact same way because HELLO, we're in a pressurized metal tube hurtling at hundreds of miles per hour a dozen miles above the ground. As the saying goes, "In hundreds of contests with giant metal objects hurtling at 300 miles per hour vs. the Earth, which is sitting still...the Earth has never lost." These chicks are lucky that no one on board had a "panic attack" and decided to "subdue" them.

Okay, granted, this plane may have still been on the ground, but that just means I don't have to worry about what'll happen if I try to squeeze you through the window like toothpaste.

Also, reading her "reply", it's obviously bogus. Get off it, lady, it's a sad fact of life, but panic attack, drunk, or whatever, this day and age, if you spaz out on the plane, there's a decent chance you're going to get bounced like a superball and go directly to jail without passing Go. Most folks I know with those issues have medication they take on planes to avoid just such a situation.
                      Last edited by MystyGlyttyr; 05-30-2007, 07:18 PM.
                      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Airliner pressure

I'm an engineer for Boeing, so I know.

Airliners are typically pressurized to 8000 feet.

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                          Question for Princess Katie: As an air steward are you allowed to defend yourself if attacked?
                          We were taught self defence in training....

I'm not sure how effective it would be in practice though.

The other day my Purser had 2 horrible drunk people offloaded, glad she did, they were loud and rude and abusive. And it happened in Palma, there is something about those Spanish Costa del Sol flights, you get lots of drunken chavs

Oh and it's illegal to be drunk on a plane.

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
                            We were taught self defence in training....
                            I guess it wouldn't do for me to have your job because Uncle Sam taught me to meet violence with escalated violence. Does management frown on punching passengers in the throat?
                            Used to I loved to fly and would never pass up a chance, now that I learned to fly I won't get in one, besides my wings chaffe after a long flight.
                            Last edited by Ree; 06-01-2007, 10:45 AM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote
                            Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                              Dude, I've never been on a plane, but I've said several times that if I ever am, and some idiot starts acting a fool on there with me, I'm going to stuff them in the overhead bin spine first.
                              Would they go in an empty bin, or would you do your part to prevent overhead bin contents from shifting during flight by using the jerk to fill any voids?

Last week on a flight from TX, there was a little kid who I would have loved to stuff under a seat. In first class, this kid was running up to the forward/cockpit doors (that behavior would get an adult restrained or shot), playing in the lavatory, and generally being a little shit. And the mom was encouraging it.
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                              X