X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Short SC Story

I haven't seen a thread where I can put my short story, so here it is:

Two kids and their mother come into the store (I work in a Pawn Shop, btw), the oldest kid about 10 and his younger brother probably around 7 or 8.

I'm trying to clean up a welder in the back of the store to get it ready for pictures to go online. The welder is near some bikes. The two boys, with mother nowhere in sight, are looking through the bikes (which are too big for them anyway).

- "What kind of deal can you give me on this bike?" the older child asks.
    - "Sorry, we can't, that bike just came out . . ."
    - "What about this one?" motioning to another bike.
    - "Go ask you parents, and maybe we can work something out . . ."
    The younger brother is busy rearranging the bikes, because he found one he liked, he wanted to put it somewhere he could find it . . . whatever . . . I knew his mom wouldn't have the money anyway.
    - "What about this one?" the boy goes bouncing from bike to bike asking the same question. I ignore him, they were just playing, I guess.

I finish up the welder and pick it up to move it for pictures. The older kid, who's standing at the jewelry counter now starts hollering for help, "excuse me?" "excuse me?" I ignore him anyway, I'm not watching the floor, but the person who is watching the floor is two feet away from cleaning counters, she ignores him too.

The kid walks up to me, "can I get some help over there?"

"Sorry bud, go and get your parents, then I can help you." I wasn't about to go digging through the jewelry cases (with gold and diamonds, this wasn't cheap jewelry) for a little 10 year old with no money. I continue with what I'm doing.

"But I want to buy a ring for my mom as a gift."

"Sorry, dude, but I can't do that, you'll have to go and get her, then I can help you."
    This area is left blank for a reason.

I wonder if he was being annoying so his mom could try to rip you off?

Comment

Working...
    X