Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you don't like the room, just F'ing say so!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you don't like the room, just F'ing say so!

Apparently, there are people out there who never listened when Big Bird said it wasn't nice to tell a lie.

Perhaps I should have suspected trouble immediately, because as the guest was checking in, one of her three sons, when he wasn't groaning around his balled fist, which he had shoved in his mouth, was industriously licking the handles of the lobby's glass doors.

To her credit, she did at least go to the room before pulling a reason to leave out of her ass. Or at least I think she did. Hard to tell, but at any rate, if she went she immediately came right back down to check out.

The comforters had tears and holes! The carpet was dirty! The handles were hanging off the drawers!

They couldn't possibly stay.

I had gone off to search for a luggage cart for another guest after she checked in, and when I came back down to the lobby, she was comparing rates with another woman in the lobby who had apparently found a rate about $11 cheaper than us, and I think it was awfully nice of her to continue to use her outdoor voice when telling me about what was wrong with her room.

Because there's a huge festival going on here tonight, I figured I could sell the room and checked her out. Then the woman she'd been talking to left also to take a room at the $11-Cheaper-Than-Us Motel-a-Rama. Of course, as soon as she was gone, I went up to inspect the room the licker's mom had looked at.

Nothing wrong. New comforters. Shadows, not dirt, on the carpet from where the grain was rearranged when the housekeepers vacuumed it. Handles firmly attached to drawers. An air conditioner purring like a kitten and the room nice and chilly.

Lying bitch. Perhaps she didn't like the location of the room. Perhaps she wanted to be on the first floor instead of the second. Perhaps she wanted to save $11. Perhaps there weren't enough disease-ridden door handles for her son to lick. Whatever the reason, it sure as hell wasn't the one she gave me.

I hope she finds centipedes in her bed wherever she ended up.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Who lets these people out in public, and what did we do to deserve having them as customers, and seeing proof that they breed?

Maybe she really did want a cheaper rate. Maybe she went into someone else's room, which was doubling as a scene in a Q-list horror movie? The possibilities are endless...
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I like the avatar...all the wives of Henry the VIII!
      "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Comment

yes, god knows we can't have junior licking handles that are about to fall off; one might actually hit him.

too bad it wasn't freezing out; he could have been sent to lick a light post.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I would have pulled her aside and told her to "show" me where all these things were so I could nail her for being the fraud that she was! Insist that you need to know where your mistakes were and then POOF she looks dumb once she goes up there. Unless by policy you can't?

Comment

Probably more trouble than it's worth. When someone is being an entitlement whore, they feel that they are entitled to be an entitlement whore. If you disagree, that's usually when the threats and screaming start, or when they threaten to bring in their spouse to break some bones.

Might as well let 'em go, write down their names, and use said name when you need a victim in your latest horror novel.

...At least, that's what I always do.
            Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Really, all she had to do was change her mind before she got to the room or even within a reasonable time frame. She could have even said, "Hey, they have cheaper rates down the street, I need to go there."

The thing about cheaper hotels - they probably have holes in the comforters, dirty carpets, and handles hanging off the drawers. I bet she wouldn't have complained then though, because at least she saved money...

OR

...she would have complained hoping to lower her rate even more.
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
                Might as well let 'em go, write down their names, and use said name when you need a victim in your latest horror novel.
                I take it the "all characters/names in the book are fictitious except for the victims." is your "disclaimer"
                I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                  The thing about cheaper hotels - they probably have holes in the comforters, dirty carpets, and handles hanging off the drawers. I bet she wouldn't have complained then though, because at least she saved money...
                  You forgot to mention unspeakable bodily fluids in the sheets, comforters, carpets, walls...
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

or better yet, said 'cheaper hotel' doesn't have a vacancy-the last room was taken just before she walked in.

then what will she do? oh noes, i'm stuck with the higher rate...or to make the victory complete, you also fill up while she's 'bargain shopping.'

sleep tight, oh mighty sc...
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                    X