This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Have a terrible weekend!!"

Today this lady called in about a promotion she received regarding her credit card.

Since we're a promotional hotline, we have to verify the expiration date on the card, the address, and the last four numbers of the card holder's SSN.

When I asked her to verify the last four of her SSN, she totally ripped me a new one, or so she tried:

SC: "YOU SHOULD ALREADY HAVE THAT INFO!! I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO GIVE IT TO YOU!!"

Me: "Ma'am, I have to have you verify the correct info to make sure its you calling in and not someone else trying to get YOUR info."

SC: "WELL I'M NOT GIVING YOU MY SSN!"

Me: "Well, it begins with ***, can you please verify the last four?"

SC: "WELL YOU JUST TOLD EVERYONE ELSE SITTING NEXT TO YOU MY SSN!! I'M GOING TO CALL YOUR COMPANY AND COMPLAIN, AND THEN I'M GOING TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT!!"

Me: "I'm sorry you feel that way, but this info is required for your own safety. Would you like the customer service-"

SC: "JUST FORGET IT!! I HOPE YOU HAVE A TERRIBLE WEEKEND!!"

Me: "Same to you!!!"

Man, what a bitch... I told my boss about this, and he got a pretty good laugh out of it.
    "Some people are just brainless." -Words of my beloved late grandma.

What a rude lady! Companies, such as banks and credit card companies, need to verify the customer's Social Security Number for a reason.

When I get a new credit card, I use the phone to activate it before the current one expires. I use the numbers on the phone to enter the required information since it's a recording.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Comment

We get this type of crap all the time at the call center I work at. We are a large credit union and it still baffles me why people call me and think that I'm trying to get their info, when in fact I'm trying to protect it. And some people are so strange about it like one SC will give me grief about giving out their account number yet freely give their social and the next SC will freely give their social and give me grief about their account number. Well, you know what, you could just do everything online and not have to deal with any of this, but of course these SC don't trust the online banking either.

Comment

Quoth Polaris
        SC: "JUST FORGET IT!! I HOPE YOU HAVE A TERRIBLE WEEKEND!!"
        OK, I'm on edge here, did you actually HAVE a terrible weekend? Cuz you know, that's such a clever insult.
        The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Man, as much as I hate to wish ID theft upon anyone, this "lady" is really pushing it, i mean does she not think that when she opens a new account that people are not going to ask her for her SS number? This is for HER sercurity, god what a wacko. i wonder if she'll call PJ soon. <prays that she won't>

Comment

That lady really needs to have some ID theft happen...or just the scare of it. As far as I know, ID thieves can't really do a lot with just four digits of your SSN.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey
              OK, I'm on edge here, did you actually HAVE a terrible weekend? Cuz you know, that's such a clever insult.
              I know! The SC bitch must have really racked her brain to come up with that one. Hope she didn't overload it!
              "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
              ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Working...
              X