This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely Violent SC (kinda long)

Hey there...new member here. I decided to join so I could post about some of the horrible customers I had at the supermarket I used to work at. I don't work there anymore (thank God!) but this guy I'm gonna write about now was one of the worst.

This happened on a pretty busy night at the supermarket. The lines were getting long so the CSM decided to get the girl that was cleaning belts and filling bags to take some customers. This girl was about 6 or 7 months pregnant. So this girl (Brittany) was in register 8 and I was in register 11 so I saw everything. However, the CSM thought Brittany was in register 7 and told an older man and his wife to go there. Brittany rushed over and told the man that she was actually in register 8 and to please come over there. Keep in mind that the man had only put about one or two items on the belt.

The man kinda stomped over to register 8 and this is the conversation that ensued:

B = Brittany
    SC = Sucky Customer
    NC = Nice Cashier
    CSM = Customer Service

B: I'm sorry about that, sir.
    SC: What the hell is going on in this place??? Are you all idiots or something???
    B: I'm sorry, sir.
    SC: (whips a box of tissues at B.)
    B: (ducks)
    SC: (whips some other grocery item at B.)
    B: (ducks)
    NC: Sir, what are you doing? She's pregnant!
    SC: I don't f***** care what she is!
    B: (runs over to another register to call the manager) Joe to register 8 immediately!
    SC: Get the f*** over here! (whips a bag of frozen bagels at B.)
    B: (ducks once again. Frozen bagels proceed to hit Craig, another cashier who has taken over bags and belts, in the head.)

By this time, the CSM has come out of the office.

CSM: Sir, please calm down!
    SC: (stomps away) Don't f***** talk to her! (referring to his wife who is staying behind to get the groceries)

The worst part of all this is when the CSM tried to get an incident report and asked the wife for the SC's name and phone number, the wife goes "Why? What did he do?"

This definately was the worst SC I've ever seen in my 7 years of working at that supermarket. I didn't quit until about 6 months after this happened, but thankfully that horrible man never came into the store again.
    "The more I drink, the cuter you get!"

OMG, anyone who'd do that is in need of a beating with a fishbat. Anyone got one?
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Wife probably really did not understand what the guy had done that was wrong.

He's violent, she's abused, and that's the way it is in their world. He should have been arrested for assault.

Comment

Quoth aly7123
        The worst part of all this is when the CSM tried to get an incident report and asked the wife for the SC's name and phone number, the wife goes "Why? What did he do?"
        I'd hate to see the way she grew up, to find something like this normal, especially in the man that she married.

Or maybe she's (literally) blind, and really didn't know?...
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey
          OMG, anyone who'd do that is in need of a beating with a fishbat. Anyone got one?
          I got a fish...

and a woodchipper...

This old coot deserves both, IMHO
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine

Or maybe she's (literally) blind, and really didn't know?...
            We were all thinking she was physically abused and probably scared of him. She didn't show any signs of actual blindness...I mean she walked around perfectly fine and finished loading the groceries on the belt after her husband stomped out of the store...so she must have been able to see. Guess she just figured she'd get beat once she got home if she said anything. It must be horrible for her to live with that man.
            "The more I drink, the cuter you get!"

Comment

Apparently not horrible enough.

Comment

Incident report? I would have called the police and have them arrest that
                Last edited by El Barto; 05-04-2007, 01:13 AM.
                "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Anonymous

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Comment

As El Barto said...I woulda knocked him on his ass & have the cops haul him away...

bastard!!
                  "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

If I had been the manager there, I would've had him arrested, then sued him for endangering the employee. That creep has no business ever being out in public.

Quoth aly7123
                    The sad thing is, there really are women who think there is nothing wrong with men being violent and abusive. They think it's perfectly normal.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I totally agree with everyone - there's another thread about signs that should be posted "Anyone who verbally or physically threatens our employees or throws anything at them will find themselves thrown out of the store". I mean come on - he's upset about something else - but who taught him that it's okay to throw stuff when you're angry? Especially at pregnant women!!! I feel bad for the wife too....

Comment

Quoth aly7123 View Post
                        We were all thinking she was physically abused and probably scared of him. She didn't show any signs of actual blindness...I mean she walked around perfectly fine and finished loading the groceries on the belt after her husband stomped out of the store...so she must have been able to see. Guess she just figured she'd get beat once she got home if she said anything. It must be horrible for her to live with that man.
                        Just wondering why you never thought to call the cops on him, even just for the sake of his wife?

People so don't care about anyone nowadays unless they're directly involved themselves, it's always someone else's problem
                        Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Please please please tell me it didn't end there, and that he at LEAST got a warning from SOMEONE about this?!?! I mean, he hit someone in the head with something! Someone could have been seriously hurt!
                          Wtf is wrong with people?!?!
                          Re: Quiche.
                          Pie is manly.
                          Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
                          Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
                          So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

If this man were from my neck of the woods, if management wouldn't do anything to kick his arse right out of the store, you can safely bet there would be a flock of very angry husbands and boyfriends my father's size or better cracking their knuckles and very obliging to throw his worthless ass to the curb, no matter how old he was or what circumstances may be.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth air914 View Post
                              I totally agree with everyone - there's another thread about signs that should be posted "Anyone who verbally or physically threatens our employees or throws anything at them will find themselves thrown out of the store". I mean come on - he's upset about something else - but who taught him that it's okay to throw stuff when you're angry? Especially at pregnant women!!! I feel bad for the wife too....
                              There is no doubt in my mind the wife had things thrown at her while she was pregnant. There is also very little doubt that any male children will think that is normal behavior towards women and the female children will also think getting treated that way is normal. That type of situation just propagates unless people outside the situation take measures to put a stop to it.

These people don't consider it possible for a wife to be raped by her husband that is just one example of how twisted these abusers are.
                              Last edited by MadMike; 05-04-2007, 02:52 AM. Reason: Removed "religious" comment. This isn't the first post we've had to delete or edit. Please read the rules!

Comment

Working...
                              X