Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She says she was satisfied with service, but ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She says she was satisfied with service, but ...

At my store, they have this board where we pin up any customer comment cards that are nice about our employees. Since the idiots never fill them out when they receive good service, we might see 2 a month put up on the board, if that. So, whenever a new one is put up, everybody reads it to see who the lucky employee was. Yesterday a new one was put up, and it was for the girl who is in charge of the electronics department. Here is basically what the customer's comment said: "(Employee's Name) is always a GREAT help whenever I shop at your store. She is extremely knowledgable about her product, is a joy to chat with as I am shopping, and always greets me with a smile whenever I come in, which can be up to 3 times a week. That is great customer service!"

You would think that would be it, right? But wait! At the top of the comment card there is a small thing they fill out where they rate a few things on a 1-5 scale ... with '1' being 'Dissapointed' (the worst), '5' being 'Delighted' (the best). For the question 'Help from team members made me feel ...', she of course circled '5' for being delighted, but for both the 'Checkout speed made me feel ...' and 'Overall, my experience today left me feeling ...' she circled '2', second to the worst. It struck me as being very odd, since if she was a regular customer to an employee who is such a GREAT help, wouldn't you think that employee would've rang her up fast, and made her overall experience at the store also a 'delight'? I know if something happened bad across the store that she would've noted it on her comment card! I guess this SC was the kind of person who is never happy with anything ... you know, the kind who would say "Well I see you walked my 15 dogs across town, bought me a new car, and gave me the winning lottery ticket ... BUT you missed a spot when you were cleaning my house ... HOW could you do that? It's inexcusable!"

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Quoth I_Hate_SCs
    "(Employee's Name) is always a GREAT help whenever I shop at your store. She is extremely knowledgable about her product, is a joy to chat with as I am shopping, and always greets me with a smile...but for both the 'Checkout speed made me feel ...' and 'Overall, my experience today left me feeling ...' she circled '2', second to the worst. It struck me as being very odd
    Yes

I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

It's too bad customers are so ambiguous. This lady was obviously not being clear & precise about her entire experience. Maybe she should have mentioned the WHOLE situation in her notes?
      The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

GRRR!!! In my company they have these surveys they send out to customers who have received roadside assistance. Our bonuses actually depend on these freakin' surveys! They have "totally satisfied" being the best and "totally disatisfied" as the worse. Of course, if someone just checks "satisfied" your supervisor will sit down and review the call with you to see what you could have done differently to make it a "totally satisfying" experience. GRRRR!!!!
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Personally, unless there is something BEYOND acceptable with any transaction I have, I will give the highest, or next highest scores. I'm nice like that.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Ooh I know a car place that has that "highly satified" or "Completely satisfied" and if you don't check it, you know that the mechanics get in trouble or something. Well, sometimes I'm not "Completely satisfied" but I feel guilty if I just write "satisfied". It's frustrating?

Comment

Did she maybe think that 2 was higher than the other numbers? Eg, 1 is best, 6 is worse? You know customers can't read.
              Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth air914
                Ooh I know a car place that has that "highly satified" or "Completely satisfied" and if you don't check it, you know that the mechanics get in trouble or something. Well, sometimes I'm not "Completely satisfied" but I feel guilty if I just write "satisfied". It's frustrating?
                That almost makes taking the survey not worth it. That's generally why I don't like to take surveys because it's not worth the time and it's not worth getting someone in trouble.

Some of these companies are so worried about CS that "satisfied" doesn't mean what it should.

For example, let's say that I go and get my oil changed.. (just an example)..

* The average time it takes is 20 minutes. I takes them about 20 minutes to get the job done.

* The people working at the joint do their job. I wouldn't call them overly friendly, but they are far from rude.

* My windows get cleaned and the car is vacuumed (as part of the service). Again, nothing special but the job is done.

* Fluids are checked. New filter is installed. Oil is drained and replaced with the grade I have requested.

I would say after a job like that, I would be satisfied. Everything was done correctly and the guys did their job. They didn't go above and beyond, but in this case, does anyone really need to?

Some of these places need to learn that "satisfied" isn't a bad thing. It means that I got what I paid for without any problems.

Comment

Working...
                X