This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sucky, just thick...

Two of em in the space of five minutes...

Dumb customer walks into my bookshop and looks around for about 2 seconds.

DC : "Are these all reading books in here?"
    Me : "*assuming they mean fiction* Erm...well, that whole side of the shop is non-fiction, was there something in particular you were after?"
    DC : "I need a reading book!"
    Me : "*does she mean kids reading books?!* Did you have a title or perhaps a genre?"
    DC : "*stomps over to thriller section and gestures wildly* OH for heaven's sake, you haven't got ANY reading books have you! *storms out*"

wha?!

Second DC appears and stops at the counter, I greet and ask if I can help,
    DC2 : "Oh yes, why aren't you in the phone book?"
    Me : "(blinks) We are Ma'am, in both the books actually."
    DC2 : "No you're not, I couldn't find you in there!"
    Me : "(cracks out phone books and points to entries) There we go, that's us."
    DC2 : "That's not you."
    Me : "Um...yes, it is, I wrote the copy for the ad myself, I can assure you, that is most definitely us."
    DC2 : "But you're called *insert name of shop that was in these premises 4 years ago*. That's not you."
    Me : "*pointing to sign over head, signs in windows, reflection of massive shop sign in shop window opposite us* We're *insert shop name here*. *insert other company name here* hasn't been in this building for over four years now."
    DC : "Rubbish! You're exceptionally rude! *storms out*"

what can you do!

It could be worse!!!

Think yourself lucky, you got rid of the idiots, some poor souls might be looking forward to them getting home!!!!
    Robert
    Peterborough Cambridgeshire

Comment

Quoth Lulu
      DC : Are these all reading books in here?
      "Nope, those are all 'Eating' books. This section is strawberry and that one over there is chocolate!"

...Here's yer sign!
      WWJND - "What Would JAM Not Do?" - Fashion Lad

Comment

Phone Jockey's callers are now, for some reason, allowed out in public unsupervised, I see...
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Reading books?! I thought all books were for reading.

That's about as good as the "Is this on sale" question.
          The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

"Reading" books? as opposed to....?

Comment

See, folks, you have this all wrong. This woman was not an SC at all. No, no, no. She was a history buff, and was doing research on the railroad line that originated in Pennsylvania. See, she didn't want any old books to READ, she wanted books specificaly on READING (pronounced redding), and was having trouble finding the history section.

Ya think?

TWO DAYS TILL VACATION! (And one week without SC's!)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine
                Phone Jockey's callers are now, for some reason, allowed out in public unsupervised, I see...
                I think they're just breeding like rabbits and growing at an exponetial rate! I had one this morning too:

DC: (Looking at Gymboree with the doors closed, lights not on, black paper put on every window so someone couldn't see in and then turns to me) Hey, is Gymboree closed?
                Me: Yes...it is...
                DC: Really?
                Me: Yes...
                DC: Well, when is opening today? I got some shopping to do.
                Me: (looks back at the store, then at the DC) I'd say about September.
                Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

wow, more brain cells died because of those two...ouch.

DC : "Rubbish! You're exceptionally rude! *storms out*"
                  "poppycock! you're sxceptionally STUPID" *stomps back to register*
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I'd love to be able to put it down to the weirdly hot weather we've been having recently, but to be honest, I think it's more the town I work in

Comment

Oh no, no, no she wanted the book to read to her in otherwords an audio book.
                      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Not to really defend her stupidity - but maybe she meant a book that helped teach you to read??? Well that kinda goes along w/ her stupidity - or maybe she did mean one of those books that reads to you - have you seen those? They're for kids - you turn the page and the book "reads" to you - turn the page, it reads the next page.......... pretty cool - prob. not what she was looking for - who knows what that really was..

Comment

I suppose the first lady could have come from my town. If so, she could have seen some confusing stamps on the books in our public library. They all say:

Flint Memorial Library

No. Reading, MA

"But all the books in the library say I can't read them!"

Fortunately, there's a much more literate town just to the south of us and their library has plenty of "Reading" books.
                          Last edited by Dips; 08-02-2006, 04:33 PM.
                          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips

Fortunately, there's a much more literate town just to the south of us and their library has plenty of "Reading" books.

LOLOLOL!! That's funny. Being from the general area and all its funny when people can hear Reading pronounced correctly 200 times, and still say REEDING. BTW do you take the commuter train at all?
                            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Oh, a neighbor to the north!

You'd probably appreciate this conversation I had in the Shaw's parking lot:

Lost Soul: Is this DeMoulas?

Me: No. This is Shaw's.

LS: But they said it was on Rte. 28 on the right!

Me: [realizing they want the one in Andover] You're headed the right way, but you need to keep going north. It's in Andover, past the center of town, just after McDonald's.

LS: Where?

Me: McDonald's. In Andover.

LS: McDonald's over where?

To answer your question, I used to take the Commuter Rail when I worked in Boston. It was way back when parking was free in North Wilmington. Now I work in another suburb so I have to drive. I hate driving.
                              Last edited by Dips; 08-02-2006, 06:32 PM.
                              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X