Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I worked in our gaming section I had someone looking for a Gamebox 2 for their grandson for christmas ><

Comment

Quoth Juwl
      -This happened during my first Christmas at Chesterfield. I had been told by the old SM just an hour before this happened to 'not bother asking if people want the receipt in their hand or in the bag, just put it in the bag.'
      So, that's what I was doing, until Guy #2 suddenly tells me, "I wanted the receipt in my hand!".

I used to hate that crap. When I worked at the bookstore I would always hand people their receipt along with their change or whatever and sometimes people would hand the receipt BACK to me and ask me to put it in the bag. I got to the point where I wouldn't take the receipt, I'd just face the bag towards them and push it across the counter saying "have a nice day."

Why is it so hard to either put it in the bag yourself since it will be in your possesion in about half a second or fish it out and stick it in your wallet? I always have mine put in the bag unless I'm paying with cash in which case I just stick it in my wallet with the cash. People are so stupid.

Comment

Quoth Juwl
        -This happened during my first Christmas at Chesterfield. I had been told by the old SM just an hour before this happened to 'not bother asking if people want the receipt in their hand or in the bag, just put it in the bag.'
        So, that's what I was doing, until Guy #2 suddenly tells me, "I wanted the receipt in my hand!"
        I pointed at the bag and said, "It's in the bag." (I swear, I did.)
        G2: "You should ask people if they want their receipt, I wanted it in my hand!"
        M: "I'm sorry, my manager just told me not to do that."
        Since your manager told you to put the reciepts in the back, I assume that your store is NOT one of those places that checks the receipt on your way out the door. I've been to more than one store like that. Of course, I always forget and put the reciept in my pocket....unless I'm at a store that DOESN'T check reciepts. Then I have it in my little hand, ready to show it.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

BeckySunshine:
          Pftt! Check receipts at the door? We didn't have the ability to check our inventory for the first two years I worked there...
          No, we didn't check receipts at the door, since it was all of ten feet from the registers anyway.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth sportsmom
            Here's the real kicker to her weirdness...

*She said that one night she was in the kitchen cutting up vegetables for a salad and when she called her husband in to dinner he didn't come, so she went to get him. Apparently while she was cutting up the veggies, someone came in to her house without making any noise and stabbed her husband to death.

I still think the knife was what was in the bag.
            I'm REALLLY hoping she was just messing w/ you..... the whole "stabbing husband"..... wouldn't police have investigated that??? And if she did it.... would she have cleaned up afterwards, or thought nothing had happend??? Can you call the police on something like that.??? I'd want to call some kind of psychological services on her - she sounds like she really needs some help...... unless she's just joking around - which is also a bit scary....

(Edited by Barefootgirl - no need to quote whole post in replies)
            Last edited by Barefootgirl; 08-03-2006, 08:06 AM.

Comment

the other day i had the following conversation that made me go bwahhh???

ME
              BLOND girl
              BRUNETTE girl

BRUNETTE: can we get some change?

ME: sure

BLOND: *hands me a $20*

ME: *gives four $5's*

BRUNETTE: can we get some $1's? sorry

BLOND: its ok

ME:

lets see that one more time

ME:

Comment

Quoth tensaineko

ME:
                That just makes me think of something I get every once in a while:

Me: Hi, how are you today?
                Customer: Hi, how are you.
                Me:

Umm, yeah, it's a question. As in, you reply, not parrot what I just f*cking asked you and change it into a statement. This screams "insincere and self-absorbed" to me...
                Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

Quoth tensaineko
                  can we get some $1's? sorry
                  Maybe it's like the South Park where Cartman won $20 from Kyle and had it changed into ones, then quarters, both times rolling in it in his bathing suit in front of Kyle to rub it in.
                  I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

Quoth Discourtesy Clerk
                    That just makes me think of something I get every once in a while:

Me: Hi, how are you today?
                    Customer: Hi, how are you.
                    Me:

Umm, yeah, it's a question. As in, you reply, not parrot what I just f*cking asked you and change it into a statement. This screams "insincere and self-absorbed" to me...
                    Maybe what the customer *really* said was, "High. How are you?"
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette
                      I have considered the possibility many a time.
                      Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

Quoth Seanette
                        That--along with the other forum saying "Sig Heil" was not an appropriate greeting--reminds me of the WWII documentary closed-captioned by someone who thought the crowd was saying "Hi, Hitler!"
                        I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

Quoth sportsmom
                          Quite a few years and a couple of kids ago I worked at Lerner, back when it was still Lerner and not this whole NY&Co. Crap they've got going on now. It was there that I came across the weirdest customer I have ever had the distinct displeasure to meet.

This woman was not full of weird requests, she was just weird. Over the course of a year we got the following stories out of her...

*Her neighbors cut a hole in her apartment wall every morning, stole her things and made themselves food to eat, then they fixed and painted the hole so she wouldn't know about it.

*Her son was trying to get her declared insane so that he could steal her things and all her money. (I'm pretty sure he had a case)

*She didnt tell us about this, it was just an observation, but it was still odd...she always carried a white plastic bag with her. She never opened it or said what was in it, but she never put it down. This woman would put her purse down and walk away from it, but would not leave that bag.

Here's the real kicker to her weirdness...

*She said that one night she was in the kitchen cutting up vegetables for a salad and when she called her husband in to dinner he didn't come, so she went to get him. Apparently while she was cutting up the veggies, someone came in to her house without making any noise and stabbed her husband to death.

I still think the knife was what was in the bag.
                          Holy crap! This wasn't by any chance in Maryland, was it?

The reason I ask is that I used to have to put up with a woman like that at one of my jobs!

From 1999-2004, I worked for a local furniture store chain. Up until 2002, I worked at their store in my home town, in our local mall. In the summer of 2002, we closed that store because the mall had lost too much business, and I was transferred to a new location about 15 miles down the road in a brand-new shopping center.

But during the last several months at the old location, this old woman (old enough to have fully grey hair) would randomly stop in without warning to inflict herself on me. She never bought anything, never even really looked at the furniture. Instead, she'd ramble on for 2-3 HOURS at a time, insisting on having LONG conversations with me that were very similar to what you're describing! And yet, security, who always made regular rounds through the mall, always seemed to be absent when she was bothering me!

Now, I've never studied psychology or psychiatry. So, I can't be sure of my theory. However, based on the things the woman said and what little I do know of the disease, I believe this woman suffered from a serious case of Paranoid Scyzophrenia. In 16-17 years of working in retail and customer service, I have never before or since seen someone more deserving of being locked up in an insane asylum. The woman needs SERIOUS mental help. She has no place being out in normal society until someones helps her get her condition sorted out.

I was so glad when that store was closed down and I got transferred! I never saw that whack job again after that!
                          "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                          --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance
                            Holy crap! This wasn't by any chance in Maryland, was it?
                            Woo Maryland!

Im fond of the guy who checks our entire store for out of date products. Odd? yes. But thats one less thing i have to do!

We also have a lady who every time she comes in asks about a product and if we can look it up in our computer system. Well, we do not have a computer system, so no. Upon being told this she asks her question any way and I respond "We sell thousands of products, i have yet to memorize them. Untill then youl have to read the signs."
                            (I work at a grocery store)

Comment

At the ferry dock i work at, we have this old guy come down and tell us about his WWII expiriences. He always has a stop and shop bag on his person at all times. It's bizzarre, and it scares some people. I've seen him in the grocery store near us a lot

Comment

Working...
                              X