This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I suck?

I was meant to be meeting my boy yesterday and I was early, and it was raining, so I went to a nearby cafe to get a cup of tea and read a bit while I was waiting for him. When I went in and said I'd have it in (you pay more to eat/drink in in a cafe) they told me they were closing in 20 minutes but I could sit down if I still wanted to. It's still chucking it down (ah, british summer) so I do. Now, I finish with five minutes to go before they close (I felt quite rushed, to be honest, not through anything they did, but just cause I didn't want to make anyone late hpme) but as I was leaving I knocked my cup over and the dregs spilt all over the table. I mopped up what I could, but I felt so guilty leaving a mess for them to clear in their last five minutes.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

No you did not suck. You went in there to get a drink of whatever. Atleast you didn't ask them for a complete meal.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Nan. Accidents can happen. And you try to clean it up yourself so...

Comment

and you did your best to clean it up, they would have appreciated that even if they were annoyed.

when im eating in a resturant, i always bus my own table depending on what type of service they have, if the bussers have a tray they have the dishes on i will put mine there for them, and if i am sitting in a resturant (as i often do with my friends for meet ups) i will put my dishes some where else so i dont have to smell them. if the way the bussers are set up for me not to help bus my table then i will leave it for them.
        "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

You didn't suck. You prepared to leave before closing, you ACCIDENTALLY spilled your drink AND you tried to clean up the mess.

All in all, you're a good customer.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

No, you're fine.
            An SC would have shown up closer to closing time, stayed at least 15 minutes after and NEVER would have attempted to clean up a mess they made.
            Isn't that what the employees get paid for?
            ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

No, a sucky customer would have demanded the cafe remain open for another hour while you order a three course meal. A sucky customer would have ignored the mess he or she made.

You were fine. Don't even worry about it.
              "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

I just know, from experience, how little things that people don't think of can make a day really awful for serving staff, so I worry too much.
                Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

The fact you are thinking about them automatically rules you out as a SC. The spill was accidental and couldn't be helped, the only thing you could have done more is aplogise for the spill.
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                  X