This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please don't touch the cart machine, hot weather hell

It's pretty hot upin NJ, right now, the highs are in the mid to upper nineties, although the humidity is down and that helps. Alll the same, it is uncomfortable doing work outdoors and I try and take as much water as i can. Now i am gathering carts and 2 female customer, I wouldn't call them "ladies" , dragged their cart up to their mini-van. I am getting cats out of the corral, when, one of them yells, "Hey Ya wanna move the cart machine like maybe today?????" so I ty and move it with the remote it doesn't budge, I go back to check the macine and i find that somone turne it off. As I turning it back on, the same SC says, "Oh, i turned it off the lights were giving me a headache."
    Argh.
    Near the cart door, we have a water cooler for the stockmen, and iother employees who are outside for any length of time. Now maybe I'm overreacting just a tad, but I HATE IT when customers use the cooler w/o asking. They never have just one cup, they have like ten cups. One lady filled up 3 water bottles and said we we trying to rip her off by selling bottled water. BTW the price for a gallon of water is $.64, which honestly doesn't seem like that much to me, but hell, I work at WM, I am loaded.

.... i would have left the cart machine where it was...

Comment

me too. screw her, let her royal highness deal with it.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Since the idiots turned it off, you could of pretended it was broken and just left it there.
        I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

I was working on a street job once, and we had the use of an 'early warner,' which is a signboard with yellow lights that move to tell drivers to move to another lane. I was at the other end of the job and saw a car hit the machine, which has a generator, a computer and a gas engine to power the whole thing. I told my co-worker the description of the car and headed that way. When I got there, the guy was out of his car, tearing handfuls of wiring out of the machine. He was drunk as he could be, and admitted to trying to disable the warner so he could say it wasn't running when he hit it. When teh city police arrived, the officer got to laughing so hard, he almost wasn't able to swap his handcuffs for mine. The guy was charged with DUI, Damaging Property, and Malicious Mischief.

Comment

I think I'd have told her "well the machine takes about half an hour to warm up, so since you turned it off, we're all going to have to wait a bit for it to warm up before I can move it. You really shouldn't touch equipment that isn't yours, you know...."

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
              BTW the price for a gallon of water is $.64, which honestly doesn't seem like that much to me, but hell, I work at WM, I am loaded.
              Of course, they never buy the house brand distilled water for sixty-four cents a gallon. They have to buy the stuff that sells for two dollars for sixteen ounces.
              You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth marlovino View Post
                Since the idiots turned it off, you could of pretended it was broken and just left it there.
                "You touched the switches? Lady you better start praying because if you did it in the wrong order it shorts the machine. [Brief interlude 'checking on the machine']Aww crap.
                How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth marlovino View Post
                  "You touched the switches? Lady you better start praying because if you did it in the wrong order it shorts the machine. [Brief interlude 'checking on the machine' i.e. laughing behind her back.]Aww crap, Frank call the manager down here!
                  How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I always find it interesting, to say the least, that in New Jersey, or PA where I live, where water is as plentiful as air, that you pay 64¢ for a gallon of water. Yet in Tucson, Phoenix, Yuma and many places in the desert southwest, where water is becoming as rare as good decisions in Washington, DC., you can get a gallon of it for a quarter.

Getting back on-topic, I, too, would have left the machine right where it was citing some plausible excuse why it couldn't be immediately removed. The trouble with doing this is that your SC would have probably backed into it and then lied about it saying you pushed it into her path.
                    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
                      BTW the price for a gallon of water is $.64, which honestly doesn't seem like that much to me, but hell, I work at WM, I am loaded.
                      Buying distilled water I can understand. What I don't understand is why people pay lots of money for regular bottled water.

However, I drink NJ tap water (WI, too, when I'm at home) and I'm proud of it.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                        .... i would have left the cart machine where it was...
                        I wish we had a cart machine...

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                          Buying distilled water I can understand. What I don't understand is why people pay lots of money for regular bottled water.

However, I drink NJ tap water (WI, too, when I'm at home) and I'm proud of it.
                          I can get my 7.37 L jug refilled for $1.39 plus tax, and it fits perfectly in my fridge. I had an 11L one, but it leaked. The refill station was broken for about 2 weeks and so I was without my water. I relearned exactly why I had the stuff in that time. My tap water only has green floaters, and leaves a skim on the inside of the glass after you're done drinking it.

That said, I'd never resort to filling up multiple bottles at a store. I sometimes feel bad just doing it at work with my one bottle.
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                            I relearned exactly why I had the stuff in that time. My tap water only has green floaters, and leaves a skim on the inside of the glass after you're done drinking it.
                            Oh, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I now understand.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Our water is actually really good mineral water... if you like mineral water, that is. It comes from a well. We drink bottled water as well. We have a nice water cooler and everything. I don't really care either way, but now that I've gotten used to bottled water, I can't drink our tap water anymore.
                              Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                              Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                              The Office

Comment

Working...
                              X