This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine, Don't Believe Me

I was working during a snowstorm, and what was funny is that this has nothing to do with the snow. Some lady comes up orders her stuff, all is good. Well can't all be good or I wouldn't be posting this. And now, the curtain rises to this exciting play.
    SC: Self-Absorbed Cockmongler
    Me: Apparently a Liar
    AM: Awesome Manager

SC: Hey, don't you go to So-and-So College?
    Me: No Ma'am.
    SC: Yes you do, you just don't want to tell me because you're embarressed to work here.
    Me: I'm still in high school (I don't look it, I do look like I'm in college)
    SC: I want your manager
    Me: Okay...

So I get the Manager, this I had to hear. Note the back of the store, you can hear what happens in the front anywhere except the freezer

SC: He was rude and a liar.
    AM: No he was not, I heard everything
    SC: He refuses to tell me that he's in So-and-So college
    AM: First off, he doesn't need to tell you Jack, and second, he is still in High School, just like he said, Third, your order is now to go.

I <3 my old manager.
    It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
    ~~~H.L. Mencken

Jeez...some people can't be wrong about ANYTHING!!! and what purpose would you have to lie, anyway?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Seriously. WTF is wrong with people?
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

What I don't get is why any of that is her business

Some people have too few brains and too much time on their hands.
        Total surrender
        Your touch is so tender
        Your skin is like water on a burning beach
        And it brings me relief
        "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Why would that woman think you're lying about that? Why the hell would your answer prompt her to alert your manager? And WHAT THE HOLY FUCK IS HER DAMN PROBLEM??????
          "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

SC (thinks (yeah yeah I know, they don't/can't think)) "Salesperson refuses to acknowledge that I know more about them than they do, so is thus lying and being disrespectful. Activate moan-to-manager subroutine"

Sadly, unlike most badly programmed robots, you can't switch them off and hide them in the attic.

Comment

Wow. She needs some sense and manners smacked into her.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I don't understand what that had to do with her shopping experience. But then, I'm not a sucky customer so I guess I never will.
                If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

Quoth Bagga View Post
                  Sadly, unlike most badly programmed robots, you can't switch them off and hide them in the attic.
                  Or dismantle them for spare parts.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Bagga View Post
                    SC (thinks (yeah yeah I know, they don't/can't think)) "Salesperson refuses to acknowledge that I know more about them than they do, so is thus lying and being disrespectful. Activate moan-to-manager subroutine"

I am Bender. Please insert girder.

Sorry, I watched that episode of Futurama in which Bender gets his mind erased) on Adult Swim a few nights ago, and that (was the first thought that came to my mind.
                    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Damn. I think I really need to stop reading posts here, I'm running out of brain cells! (However, I'm addicted and can't quit CS!)

*This is my brain, this is my brain on CS - any questions?"
                      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                      X