This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so the insulting begins.

A little background here; I work in a Beauty Shop (we sell make-up, diet pills, hair-dye, as well as other personal hygene stuff) and it's in one of the most white bread places in Western Australia. It's the Stepford of Perth.

On to the (many, many *sob*) SCs!

This was the first one I'd ever had. This guy comes up to me while I'm shelving and asks me to take him to *this product*. No problem, I take him over. However, he notices my limp (long story short, bad leg) and hesitates. When we get there I show him the product. He tells me to get my manager. I go get her, and he glares at me until I make an exuse and leave. I'm barely six feet away when he says, "Why do you let some little cripple work here?"

Dead silence. Seriously, you could've heard a pin drop. After a moment, he starts talking about how much better the store would be if we hired normal people. I just kept walking (READ: limping). I have no idea what happened to that guy. I thought he was an anomily, but alas, the amount of times I've been called cripple...

I'll probably post more of these later. Boy are there a few.
    I'm busy, you're an idiot, have a nice day

At least I shall die as I have lived; completely surrounded by morons.

Sounds like personal issues. I, for one, would just ignore it. People like that are never worth the energy and effort it takes to fight them. Now, if you heard your manager AGREE with the inbred idiot, that's a differant matter.

Comment

Here's hoping some mugger decides to break his kneecap... nothing like a little table-turning to teach a lesson.
      What a wonderful thing humanity is-- passionate, intelligent, inquisitive, generous, fully of hope and joy, noble of spirit, and above all... delicious! -- LaCroix

Comment

What a bloody prick, some people shouldn't be allowed to open their mouths.

Comment

How bloody rude! I would have commented loudly
          "This store would be so much better if they didnt let intellectually crippled people shop here!"

Comment

Geez, some people just shouldn't be allowed out in public.

I had no idea that perth could be like that. Then again sydney's not much better sometimes.
            Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

I've got a bad knee and ankle on the same leg, thanks to two separate injuries, which gives me a limp, especially when I'm tired. I'm also a hair under 2m tall and weigh about 170kg.

I'd like to be there one day when those assholes mouth off, so I can scare the crap out of them.
              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I hope your manager ejected that idiot from the store!

Comment

Hey, some of the bestest people in the world had a limp at some point in their lives... like Curly Howard of the Three Stooges (teach ya never to sleep with your rifle).
                  "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
                    I hope your manager ejected that idiot from the store!
                    With the aid of a 250lb linebacker and 30 feet of airtime no less.

Sheesh, first words out of my mouth would have been "you have 10 seconds to leave or I phone the police and have you dragged out of here."
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Way too much energy to spend on an idiot. Just slap a "village idiot" sign on his back and let him go.
                      I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth mischugenah View Post
                        Here's hoping some mugger decides to break his kneecap... nothing like a little table-turning to teach a lesson.
                        Hehe I'd like to see someone "Nancy Kerrigan" his ass

And yes, I do walk with a limp when it's cold. Nothing I can do about it--I've had problems with my knees for years, and cold weather makes it worse. It sucks, but so far, nobody's had the balls to make comments
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Oh. My. Damn.

I truly, sincerely hope your manager said something to him and/or kicked his ass out of the store.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I know how you feel. I have a prosthetic knee joint, so when I can walk, I have a very heavy limp. Don't let some a**hole's cruelty bother you. You are a person of great worth, and you are better than him.

Comment

Boris Karloff, Dinah Shore, Ed Sullivan, just to name three.

Comment

Working...
                              X