Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ten Things I'll Never Understand About....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten Things I'll Never Understand About....

Sucky Hotel Guests

1. Why despite the fact that there is a sand shower right in plain view of them, they choose to drag their grubby, sandy, feet and surfboards into the room I just finished cleaning

2. Why guests have to complain about things we can't control, neighbor's dog barking, loud music from across the street, construction workers doing their jobs etc etc.

3. Why guests will leave the most expensive item they own behind in rooms, digital cameras, video cameras, cell phones, Ipods. You can remember your toothbrush but not the item you spent over a hundred bucks on

4. Why guests will want us to mail them back the cheapest things, 10$ sunglasses, pillows, and other cheap crap like that. If it can be replaced, replace it. If you want it sent back be prepared to pay for it.

5. Despite the fact that there are two or three garbage cans in a room, people choose to cram every last bit of garbage into one and ignore the rest.

6. How they ask for the rarest or strangest discounts you can think of. Fireman's discount, playing at the local tavern discount, and in one case a squaredancer's discount. Most hotels have three discounts, AAA, AARP, and Military.

7. Why a guest can leave their DND sign on all day when they want service, then turn around and not put it up when they are sleeping or otherwise occupied.

8. How comfortable some guests are leaving their personal items about, I have found weed in the ice basket, handcuffs on the bed posts, and errr marital aids left in the bed. Personally I would be mortified if a hosuekeeper saw something like that in my room.

9. How the guests that show up three hours before check-in will be the guests who stays an hour past check-out.

10. How the most tidy guests always leave a tip and the most messy never do.
    Last edited by TruthHurts; 08-03-2006, 09:54 PM.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Oh, that last one's easy. Some people acknowledge what it takes to do your job, understand where to put their garbage, don't bring in unnecessary dirt and generally just keep the place neat for you to do the bare minimum.

These considerate folks are the same that know you should tip.

Then you have your ignorant arse types, who trash a room and don't pay a thought to tipping the poor person having to clean up after them. They're inconsiderate in their room use and in their tipping.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang
      Then you have your ignorant arse types, who trash a room and don't pay a thought to tipping the poor person having to clean up after them. They're inconsiderate in their room use and in their tipping.
      They don't think hotels have people to clean their rooms these days. They see those commercials where people use the easy button and they believe those things are real. Alls we do is hit the easy button and it magically clean. Why tip us if alls we do is hit a button and the room is instantly cleaned.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts
        Sucky Hotel Guests
        7. Why a guest can leave their DND sign on all day when they want service, then turn around and not put it up when they are sleeping or otherwise occupied.
        when i first read this i was all what DnD sign!!! thats awsome, it could signal others to get their d20 and char sheets ready to play and..... awww its just do not disturb..... never mind *gloomily pouts off to a corner for further suffering of DnD withdrawl*

Comment

I don't understand why people trash hotel rooms. You wouldn't do stuff like that in your own home, when you have to clean it up, so what makes them think that someone else will want to clean it up?
          "Those who do not complain are never pitied." - Jane Austen.

Comment

Quoth tensaineko
            when i first read this i was all what DnD sign!!! thats awsome, it could signal others to get their d20 and char sheets ready to play and..... awww its just do not disturb..... never mind *gloomily pouts off to a corner for further suffering of DnD withdrawl*
            NWN2 is taking requests for beta testers. That might help.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Ezrockspants
              I don't understand why people trash hotel rooms. You wouldn't do stuff like that in your own home, when you have to clean it up, so what makes them think that someone else will want to clean it up?
              It is because they are NOT in their homes that they do it. No one knows them at the hotel, so they think they can go crazy and act like entitled idiots and slobs. They don't care who has to clean up their mess as long as it is not THEM.

I only worked one summer at a hotel when I was fifteen, but I learned so much about people in those three months.
              "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
              .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

I so know how you feel since I worked in hotels for four years.

How about these ones?

1. Why they think it's ok to come and harass the front desk clerk when they're drunk and the desk clerk is obviously busy?

2. Why they think that complaining about the size of the pool is actually going to accomplish something. It's a pool dammit. We're not going to dig up an area of the hotel to accomodate a very small number of guests so that they can have an olympic sized swimming pool.

3. I don't care who you are, setting fire to the men's bathroom is never a good thing.

4. Flirting with the front desk clerk is not going to get you a better rate. Mind you, if you're Brad Pitt, it just might.

Comment

Quoth Moirae
                  4. Flirting with the front desk clerk is not going to get you a better rate. Mind you, if you're Brad Pitt, it just might.
                  If you're Brad Pitt, you don't need a better rate. :LOL:
                  Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

Quoth Greenday
                    They see those commercials where people use the easy button and they believe those things are real.
                    They are real. But it won't clean your room for you. Trust me, I tried

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts
                      Sucky Hotel Guests

1. Why despite the fact that there is a sand shower right in plain view of them, they choose to drag their grubby, sandy, feet and surfboards into the room I just finished cleaning

2. Why guests have to complain about things we can't control, neighbor's dog barking, loud music from across the street, construction workers doing their jobs etc etc.

3. Why guests will leave the most expensive item they own behind in rooms, digital cameras, video cameras, cell phones, Ipods. You can remember your toothbrush but not the item you spent over a hundred bucks on

4. Why guests will want us to mail them back the cheapest things, 10$ sunglasses, pillows, and other cheap crap like that. If it can be replaced, replace it. If you want it sent back be prepared to pay for it.

5. Despite the fact that there are two or three garbage cans in a room, people choose to cram every last bit of garbage into one and ignore the rest.

6. How they ask for the rarest or strangest discounts you can think of. Fireman's discount, playing at the local tavern discount, and in one case a squaredancer's discount. Most hotels have three discounts, AAA, AARP, and Military.

8. How comfortable some guests are leaving their personal items about, I have found weed in the ice basket, handcuffs on the bed posts, and errr marital aids left in the bed. Personally I would be mortified if a hosuekeeper saw something like that in my room.

9. How the guests that show up three hours before check-in will be the guests who stays an hour past check-out.

10. How the most tidy guests always leave a tip and the most messy never do.

These are the same folks that think when they go out to eat that they can let their kids run wild because they believe that servers are there to watch them. They are also the same folks that destroy not only their table but any table that adjoins their table. Then give you a great big, "Atta boy, you were great" and leave 5% or less!
                      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                      X