This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She did not like my headwrap...

I was at the front tills with a coworker, Susan. We had no one in the line and we were just sitting there chatting about her son...and a lady gets in line. We both look at her and she comes to Susan's till. Fine by me...but she says to me "I would have come to you but I do not like that headwrap of yours"!

BTW: not a head wrap...kinda like a bandana type thing elastic to keep my hair up.

WHY SAY THAT? She just insulted me for no reason at all!
    "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

how moronic of her; that's like saying (in primary/grade school) that you don't like someone because they're wearing a green shirt.

she needs to grow up and get over stupid things (i wish i had enough skill to put one of those on; anything involving hair seems to be out of my skill range unless it's simply tying it back )
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

My goodness. I think that people are being born without a very important thing - a brain filter.

This filter is installed in normal people. It takes what you're going to say - passes it through the filter and then tells the brain whether or not it is acceptable to continue with voicing that thought. Apparently, her brain doesn't have this filter, or she's simply burnt a hole right through it will all her stupidity.
      Last edited by Luna; 08-03-2006, 10:51 PM.
      If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

Just claim religious reasons....

"Actually, its for my religion. In the book of Hotelboy, chapter 6:66 - 'Thou shalt wear thine headwrap for the annoyance of crotchety old bags. So is my will, so it shall be done!' "

...then show her your horns...
        WWJND - "What Would JAM Not Do?" - Fashion Lad

Comment

haha count your blessings, at least you didnt have to serve her
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

"Actually, it's not a head wrap. It's a bitch repellant, and thank goodness it appears to be working!"

Comment

Quoth WHShit

BTW: not a head wrap...kinda like a bandana type thing elastic to keep my hair up.

WHY SAY THAT? She just insulted me for no reason at all!
              Bitch probably doesn't know the difference between a headband and a turban.... And no, this isn't to say that her attitude would've been justified if it was a turban.

Comment

heh, i admit i dont have a brain filter but i try to work on not saying stuff like that even if i think it, but i usually dont mistankingly say stuff like that just stuff i shouldnt say that is stupid

Comment

Quoth Ryu
                  heh, i admit i dont have a brain filter but i try to work on not saying stuff like that even if i think it, but i usually dont mistankingly say stuff like that just stuff i shouldnt say that is stupid
                  But whether or not you have a brain filter (and Lord knows that I don't...) you probably wouldn't care if a cashier was wearing a headwrap or not.
                  I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I've got a partial brain filter. People I hang around with get a full dose of my wierdness and sarcasm. People I am stuck with just get the sarcasm. People who are just momentary contacts (eg. customers, people on the bus) get to escape it unless they really ask for it.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey
                      I've got a partial brain filter. People I hang around with get a full dose of my wierdness and sarcasm. People I am stuck with just get the sarcasm. People who are just momentary contacts (eg. customers, people on the bus) get to escape it unless they really ask for it.
                      Sounds like we've got the same model installed. I'm not naturally sarcastic, and I act normal enough at work, but when I'm goofing around I can be naturally wierd to the point that I've had stoners come up to me and ask where I got my shit (honest truth, I swear). Oddly enough, I've never touched anything illegal, and I just get quiet and sleepy when I drink.
                      Last edited by JustADude; 08-04-2006, 07:28 AM.
                      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I wonder how that woman would react if she ever saw me in my days as a cashier with my blue nail polish.

( For July 4th and September 11th, I would use red nail polish on my pinkie and thumb nails, blue on my pointer and ring nails, and white nail polish on the nails of my middle fingers. Snazzy.)
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Patrioticuticles, Becky? That's a new one to me.

Good, selective choice of holidays for it. Not to , but I saw a (veterans'?) calendar which denoted numerous days appropriate for flying the flag, including Christmas. Anyone else heard of such a practice?
                          I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

Quoth Mixed Bag
                            :

Good, selective choice of holidays for it. Not to , but I saw a (veterans'?) calendar which denoted numerous days appropriate for flying the flag, including Christmas. Anyone else heard of such a practice?

Well, America invented Christmas, right? LOL That is funny, I have never flown the flag for XMAS!
                            "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Comment

Quoth WHShit
                              Well, America invented Christmas, right? LOL That is funny, I have never flown the flag for XMAS!
                              Nah, it was Al Gore. He invented Christmas, right after he invented the Internet
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                              X