This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gross: change IN his mouth!

Yesterday, this man bought a newspaper for and some gum packets. I scanned it, and then he TOOK THE COINS OUT OF HIS MOUTH to pay!!!!! He asctully had them IN his mouth, I guess chewing on them. So, I think "eeew, no way I am touching that"!

He places the 2 pound coins on the desk and instead of picking them up, I open the till and give him his change first. He says "don't you want my money"? I got a plastic bag, put it on my hand and wiped off the spittle then popped in in the till. He looked shocked. I was trying to wait to after he left to use the bag, but he was staring at me wanting me to put his money in the till...guess he thought I wanted to steal it.

I'm sorry but I do NOT want your slobber all over my hands.
    "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

If his dentist drilled the teeth so that they make fillings that shape you should report a counterfeiting conspiracy!
    I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

I hate it when parents have let their kid chew on something all the way through the store and then try to hand it to me to scan when they get to the check-out... then get offended when i don't touch it and just type in the barcode.

Why would I want your kids saliva (and in most cases, snot as well) all over my hands?
      "Those who do not complain are never pitied." - Jane Austen.

Comment

Possibly not related, but ya know how customers like to leave garbage on your counter?

Sometimes I find stuff there that is *soaking* wet, and there's no water around and it ain't raining... :shudder:
        "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
        -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Quoth WHShit
          I got a plastic bag, put it on my hand and wiped off the spittle then popped in in the till.
          What? You didn't sanitize the money before you put it in the register?? :shudders:

No offense, but I'm glad I wasn't a later customer, getting that money as change for a purchase...
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

When I was a grocery cashier I had a few times when I was paid from a womans bra

Comment

When I worked for McD's in the drive-thru window, people would come up to my window with their money in their mouth (paper money) and they'd hand it to me wet-side first! (ewwww!!!) I'd always segregate that money off to the side of my register...next car that came thru that was getting change back with that specific denomination got it.

I dont know what was worse...money with salivia all over it, or change that had been sitting in the toxic waste dump that some people seem to have in their cupholders/change holders in their cars. I hate coin change that's so sticky it'll stick to the wall...that also got segregated in my register and would go right back out the window to the next person who needed change.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine
                What? You didn't sanitize the money before you put it in the register?? :shudders:

No offense, but I'm glad I wasn't a later customer, getting that money as change for a purchase...
                Well, he was staring at me and I had a long line of customers waiting to pay behind him..actually had a lady shove her paper on the desk as he was getting his change from me. No time...oh well.
                "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Comment

Quoth Jet
                  When I was a grocery cashier I had a few times when I was paid from a womans bra
                  eeewwwww....like Peggy Bundy!

Comment

people hold their tickets in their mouth all the time
                    this one woman even had her teeth clenching it and her tongue ON IT
                    i was so disgusted!!!

Comment

Quoth Jet
                      I'd pay extra for that!

Actually, a snippet from history. Greek jurors in the ancient times were paid three obols a day, and this seemed to be a subsistence wage. The standard way of carrying their money was in the mouth.

The SC probably doesn't realise he has long and distinguished history behind him, but I'd prefer it if nobody justified his actions.

Rapscallion

Comment

Well, if it's any consolation...the guy with the money in his mouth was probably not the FIRST to have that same money in his mouth.

Think about THAT.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine

It doesn't really matter if you try to clean the coins or not. Coins are the most filthy thing out there. They're just going to get dirty again. And even if she were to try to clean them, putting them in her till would just contaminate them again.

Comment

I once had a guy wipe his nose on his hand then give me the toy he was holding

I was physically gagging and trying to be so careful I didnt touch the trail of snot on his hand when he asked me what was wrong, yes the snot was visable... oh gross

I couldnt even answer him, I just shook my head. God even thinking about it now makes me gag. Then went out the back of the store and dry heaved until my boss came out and asked me what happened. She let me sit down for a good 15 minutes until I could control my stomach again.

I am not good with bodily functions of any kind.
                            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X