This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Can Only Pay Cash For a Credit Gift Card

Yesterday, a customer wanted to get a credit gift card and pay with a credit card. I told him that he could only use cash for a credit gift card and when he asked why I said that it was policy. He said that he's done it that way before which means that someone didn't follow the policy.

I offered to get the manager and paged him. The manager had to double check the credit gift card policy with me since he wasn't sure of it. The manager told the customer the same thing I did.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

It makes sense. One of the new things for theives and scammers is to steal credit cards, then quickly use them to buy gift cards at big box stores, then use the gift cards for merchandise, all before the CC company gets wind of the fraud. Since GC's are pretty untraceable the thieves can get away scott free.
    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I've definitely bought gift cards on credit before - in fact, I have two of them on this month's credit card statement.

Obviously things are slacker in .au.

Comment

It's also a druggie type scam. Buy up the gift cards with bunk checks or CC's that you plan on blowing up any ways. Sell the cards at a loss but for cash, turn said cash into dope, repeat until brains leak out of nose.
        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
          He said that he's done it that way before which means that someone didn't follow the policy.
          or... ya know maybe he was lying...
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Daria View Post
            I've definitely bought gift cards on credit before
            Where I work, gift cards from stores or restaurants can be paid by credit as long as the customer has ID. It's cash only for credit gift cards like Visa and American Express.
            My Fanfic Page
            My Fiction Page
            My Social Group
            My Pet Social Group
            My You Tube Channel

Comment

Quoth Daria View Post
              I've definitely bought gift cards on credit before - in fact, I have two of them on this month's credit card statement.

Obviously things are slacker in .au.
              yeah buy he was buying a credit card gift card IE a gift card you can use as a credit card

Comment

Where I work, we now have signs saying cash only for credit gift cards. One customer wanted to use a check to buy credit gift cards for the company she worked for. Her manager wouldn't use cash for the cards for some reason. I called the manager to see if she could use a debit card. He turned that down but did suggest that I suggest the ATM machine which I did.

I let the customer know and she informed her boss on her cell phone. Luckily, she was pretty understanding.
                My Fanfic Page
                My Fiction Page
                My Social Group
                My Pet Social Group
                My You Tube Channel

Comment

Hmmm...I have used my CC to buy VISA/MC gift credit cards not just once, but on several occasions, at the local mall over the past few years. Most recently in October of this year. Maybe they are unaware of the policy, dunno. Thanks for the heads up though, I will bring cash next time just in case.
                  If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
                  www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

We can only accept garunteed funds for the credit gift cards, meaning debit or cash. The register will actually reject checks and other credit cards as a form of payment. We also have to sell them by themselves.
                    "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

Comment

Working...
                    X