Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're abit too early for that (aka Unsolicited Advice)......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're abit too early for that (aka Unsolicited Advice)......

SC: "So when are you gonna have Fukubukuro?"
    Me: "What?"
    SC: "Bag sales man!!"
    Me: "First of, i'm a female sir; secondly, we don't have bag sales. The el-cheapo books are over there. *points to them*"
    SC: "But you guys should have that kinda sales!! Get rid of stock for more room. I do that in my store!!"
    Me: "Anything else?"

Abit later.....

Me: "Hey ******, what's Fukubukuro?"
    Manga Guy: "Um, what?"
    Me: "Fukubukuro. Guy was ranting on about bag sales and what not."
    MG: "I might know alot about Japanese Culture, but damn if I know that kinda stuff."

Fukubukuro (Japanese: 福袋, lucky bag, mystery bag) is a Japanese New Year's Day custom where merchants make grab bags filled with unknown random contents and sell them for a substantial discount, usually 50% or more of the list price of the items contained within. The low prices are usually done to attract customers to shop at that store during the new year. Fukubukuro usually are snapped up quickly by eager customers, with some stores having long lines snake around city blocks hours before the store opens on New Years Day. Formerly, Fukubukuro were an easy way for stores to unload excess and unwanted merchandise from the previous year, due to a Japanese superstition that one must not start the New Year with unwanted trash from the previous year and start clean. Nowadays, Fukubukuro are pushed as a lavish New Year's event rather than a way for stores to get rid of excess merchandise.

Gleaned from wikipedia.org
    I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Oooh, those are fun. There's a comic store down near the universities that sells them. They do label the bags G, PG, PG-13 and R depending on the types of comics.

At the end of the year, they make larger ones with the figures that don't sell well. So you never know what cool figures you'll get. I actually got some neat FullMetal Alchemist stuff ^_^
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

You should have a 95% off sale, man! Give your stuff away for free, man!
        -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
        -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Quoth BusBus View Post
          You should have a 95% off sale, man! Give your stuff away for free, man!
          Please tell me you never saw that Rocko's Modern Life segment where a supermarket had that 99% off sale?

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
            Please tell me you never saw that Rocko's Modern Life segment where a supermarket had that 99% off sale?
            I did, years later when I started having to buy my own stuff I realized there was something off here. That and Rocko was really mean to the cashier whose charachter later turned out to be a friend of his.
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I bought a $30 grab bag at one of the conventions I went to. Had a Gun Parade soundtrack, Ruroni Kensin manga and a $60 action figure from an anime that I can't remember off the top of my head. About $70 -80 worth of stuff there.
              A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Working...
              X