This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I a SC?

I'm new to posting but I've been reading these forums for a while now.

I was at a grocery store in another town on Thursday night. Now there is one bathroom only there, and I also had an extra slice of pizza a hour earlier for dinner.

I started feeling like I had to go, but I thought I could get home in time if I hurried. I didn't realize how bad until I got all my stuff on the conveyor belt, and there were people behind me.

I asked the cashier if she had a key to the bathroom, and she told me I had to go to the service desk. I did, and was able to make it to the bathrrom in time. She had rang my stuff through and then put them in my cart, but put a hold on it, so she could let the other customers go through.

Was I a sucky customer for doing that. I mean asking her to let me go to the bathroom while she was ringing me out.

No, you were polite. You did not get in the way of her ringing other customers....and did not complain about having to go get the key. Sounds like a perfectly ordinary interaction to me.
    I no longer fear HELL.
    I work in RETAIL.

Comment

You were certainly not a sucky customer. Had you stood there and tried to hold it and then made a mess on the floor that some poor employee had to clean up...that would have been sucky.

Comment

You were very polite. Most people just go "ihavetogotothebathroomrealquicki'llberightbac k" then run to the bathroom (some won't even blurt that before going!). Not that I think they are rude either as it could be a disastrous emergency for them. The rude ones are ones who think that I will wait for them to get back, or expect me to stop ringing up the customer I am taking care of when they finally get back (I wait till I'm done then go and take care of her/him).

You were great

Comment

Working...
        X