Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People do at least see the signs, right?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People do at least see the signs, right?

Y'know, I was getting absolutely sick of idiots not reading our informative signs that are peppered throughout the store EVERYWHERE and then asking the same dumb ass questions to us when all they had to do was read the signs and allow us to keep just a little bit of what sanity we all have left. So, after work one day I went to the dollar tree and bought two pieces of bright red poster board, a glue stick, and glitter glue. That night I cut one in half and kept one whole and made big signs out of them. Signs that explained every little detail possible to the point of being ridiculous in some manic hope that this would solve the at least some portion of the idiot problem.

The next day I hung the smaller signs in the window and the big one on a black pole that's in the center of the store. I then peppered the store in signs that stated the wonderful red sign would answer any questions they had. And...did it work? NO! These freaking morons still ask the same stupid questions. I even hand wrote two signs for the ones in the window with arrows that said "This sign will answer all your questions!" and people still ignored it.

I've now devised a new tactic, I'm going to take the larger sign and smaller sign (and possibly make more signs just to get the message across) and place them right over the top of the movies on the shelves. This way, customers are at least FORCED to notice them. And I hope it annoys the hell out of them. I'm at the point where I'm just going to start handing out flier with all the info on it as people walk in the door.

Honestly, is it really that hard to read a sign? If people bothered too then they wouldn't get pissed at us for the movies they thought were 9.99 or .99 cents because they can't read signs.

Idiots! All of them!

Just a suggestion, add the word 'free' in small letters near the bottom of the sign, linked to nothing. Just add 'Free' in the small print. Betcha you'll get more questions about what exactly it is that is free.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Put silly drawings of animals talking. People listen to animals, that's why Geico is so popular. Have a giraffe telling people that this is $.99 and a penguin saying that that is $9.99. If nothing else then at least kids will notice, and they'll tell their parents when the question comes up.
      "Mommy, didn't you listen to Mr. Giraffe, he said that they are $.99"
      It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
      ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
        Just a suggestion, add the word 'free' in small letters near the bottom of the sign, linked to nothing. Just add 'Free' in the small print. Betcha you'll get more questions about what exactly it is that is free.
        That would be hilarious because that would probably be the only word the customers would read in the entire store. However, they'd probably start bitching and moaning when they heard that nothing was free or it was a misprint.

I'm tempted though since the store closes the 19th. What's gonna happen? It's not like I'm gonna get fired. Customer service be damned...

Comment

Quoth Aldous View Post
          Put silly drawings of animals talking. People listen to animals, that's why Geico is so popular. Have a giraffe telling people that this is $.99 and a penguin saying that that is $9.99. If nothing else then at least kids will notice, and they'll tell their parents when the question comes up.
          "Mommy, didn't you listen to Mr. Giraffe, he said that they are $.99"
          Actually, I almost did something like that but sadly my drawing skills are lacking so the signs are pictureless. Though I suppose I could just print out a picture of a giraffe and add a speech bubble...

Comment

Well, you could always just tell them that the sign is what's free. It would at least get them to look at the sign again to see what it says.

I mean, you could always make more, since I'm sure that they will all be clamoring to have all their questions answered once and for all.

Comment

Put in like "Free air conditioning within the store." or "Free use of bathroom" "Free Oxygen!" "Free Tibet!" "Freedom HOORAH!!" or be creative.
              It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
              ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Quoth Aldous View Post
                Put in like "Free air conditioning within the store." or "Free use of bathroom" "Free Oxygen!" "Free Tibet!" "Freedom HOORAH!!" or be creative.
                I make signs for use for our ad-sets at work. I love adding the fine print in there.

LEXMARK X2580 PRINTER FREE* WITH PURCHASE OF ANY NOTEBOOK!
                *after qualifying manufacturer and circuit city mail-in rebates (very tiny but readable)

You should do that though...

MOVIES 9.99, ALSO FREE*
                *air conditioning and oxygen

Comment

Since the store is closing . . . I would look at the person asking a question and ask them have you read the big red sign? If they answer No tell them read the sign and then if you still are not sure of your answer come back. If they answer yes, then ask what question they have that the sign does not cover. If the question is covered on the sign then walk them over to the sign and point out the answer and ask loudly so as to raise the embarassment level raises. Right here on this sign you claimed to have read is the answer to your question . . .now read it allowed to me.

hey dreams never hurt anyone . . . .

Comment

Has anyone in here ever watched "The Critic" cartoons they used to show on Comedy Central?

This thread makes me think of that one scene in which Jay Sherman hails a cab. Of course, the driver is a foreigner. Jay tells him where he wants to go.

The driver points at this sign he has posted, "LOOK AT SIGN!!!!"

Sign: "Driver only speaks three words of English."

Everytime I get a customer who barely speaks English if at all, I think about that and start laughing to myself.
                    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

No, they do not read the signs. To them, the signs are in alien unless the word "free" is in the sign.
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

You could have a sign like this:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Free information with any purchase!
                        I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

You've all given me such wonderful ideas since we're about to enter a new deal of Buy 2 Get 3 free which will be more signage hell.

If I could get away with it, I'd start charging people a nickel for every stupid question they ask me that's on the signs. Instead, since I could probably get away with it, I'm just going to ignore these people's questions and just point to the sign.

Comment

You just solved your own problem . . . .

If someone says the dreaded "May I ask you a question" Or even just flat out asks you a question . . . your reply should be - "If the answer to your question is on that red sign it will cost you $5.00 for me to answer it." And then just look at them. . . . If they say yea I read the sign but my question is blah blah blah - insist they give you $5.00 before answering if the answer really is on the sign.

Comment

You could put "FREE INFORMATION!" on the sign

Comment

Working...
                              X