This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers Know More About Me

Than I do. See, because of a customer I found out that I'm not an employee at the Tyranical Meat Market, but a Racist. And a Nazi. WOW.

AH: Me
    C: Coworker, awesome guy
    AL: Asshole lady.

Backround: Me and C speak German. When we want to have a conversation that the manager/ other people don't know what we're saying, we speak it. Neither of us speak a word of spanish. AL spoke no english. I was working the counter.

AH: Welcome to Tyranical Meat Market, how may I help you?"
    AL: *Spanish*
    AH: I'm sorry, but I don't speak spanish. Let me get my manager who does.
    AL: YOU ARE RACIST!!!
    AH: Why? Because I don't speak spanish.
    AL: SI! You try to not let us buy food.
    AH: (Yeah, that makes sense.)

So my manager takes care of her. So I'm talking to C, and am now doing the window, because I didn't want to deal with and orders for awhile. C and I are bantering back and forth in german, when I hear
    AL: "YOUR EMPLOYEES ARE NAZIS!!!!"

Yes apparently she could tell we were speaking German. Now my manager couldn't legally do anything about us speaking german, since she spoke in spanish to the other employees so we couldn't understand so we were in the right. But goddamn, I never knew I was a Nazi. I thought I took german classes because I was german, and I wanted to learn my ancestors language. Guess not.
    It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
    ~~~H.L. Mencken

Well, clearly, all Germans are Nazis. Just like all Hispanics are illegal immigrants. And all (insert race) are (insert racial stereotype). But enough about that.

Stupid lady.
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

Comment

So, Nazis are now persecuting Hispanics as well as Jews all because you had the nerve to learn to speak German rather than Spanish?

Hey, sorry, but you just can't argue with sound logic like that. People who've mastered circular reasoning just never cease to amaze me......
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

ooo german....I love guys....and girls that speak german....of course I am part German, and my husband is 100% German-he's learning to speak it.
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I wouldn't feel too badly about not knowing that about yourself. There are many members here who had no idea that they were racist until they were informed of such by a helpful customer.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
            I wouldn't feel too badly about not knowing that about yourself. There are many members here who had no idea that they were racist until they were informed of such by a helpful customer.
            And some other members have found out by customers that they were not, in fact, born in wedlock.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Becky, that was a nice way to sugar coat the truth!!!
              The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                And some other members have found out by customers that they were not, in fact, born in wedlock.
                Funny thing is that I am a bastard. Born out of wedlock. No idea who my father is. I was adopted. I take pride in being a bastard, because it shocks the hell out of people.
                "You're a bastard."
                "Yes, I am, how did you know?"
                "Are you sassing me?"
                "No, I'm telling you that you were correct on your assumption that I am a bastard."
                "So your mother's a whore (They think they've got me)"
                "Indeed. My birth-mother was a whore. Or something similar. Are you writing a biography on me?"

That and every girl I know will go
                "You're not a bastard."
                "No, I am a bastard. Born out of wedlock."
                "No you're not."
                "Yes, yes, I am."

It's like Cartman and Kyle in the SouthPark movie.
                It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
                ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

And some of us have been told that we're actually female dogs.

Which, depending on the situation, may or may not be a bad thing.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Very true, DG, very VERY true.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

And sometimes, when chatting with overseas people, they will assume that since I'm South African, I am black (which is not unreasonable really, since white people are the minority here). When they find out I am white, they assume I'm racist.

Aah, blanket assumptions are wonderful, no?
                      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
                        And some of us have been told that we're actually female dogs.

Which, depending on the situation, may or may not be a bad thing.
                        Does that mean we get to bite?!?
                        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I love it when people, after having just met me (or, moreso, after people have known me for a year or so), will listen to me talking to myself about something, suddenly pipe up, "You're weird." I love to turn to them and say, "Thank you! You have no idea how much it means to me to hear you say that! I knew it already, but I needed the reconfirmation."
                          Last edited by Imogene; 08-08-2007, 01:12 PM. Reason: Wierd and Weird, neither one looks right, but only Wierd got the red underline.
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Juwl, same here.

I would take it as the highest insult if anyone called me "normal". That's boring.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I would take it as the highest insult if anyone called me "normal". That's boring.
                              Hehehe Normal sucks. I'd rather be "naturally goofy" or "weird." What I'm *not*, is "fucked up." That's just mean
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                              X