This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Uniform Day - Or

Well the place I work at just bought these rather spiffy Red polo shirts with our logo on them. Mostly for when we have an event at the center.

I'm getting off of work and I'm heading into town to pick up my wife from where she works so we can head home.

I'm hungry as all hell so I pop into the Wawa nearby and stop and order a sandwich. I'm kneeling down so I can look at the chips they have to offer and I hear from behind me.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

This raises an eyebrow but since I have no enemies in the area (or anyone who would talk to me like for that matter) I chalk it up to someone talking to someone else and get back to my chip selection

"Don't you ignore me you little punk! Who gave you permission to come here?"

Ok, since no one else answered him I'm guessing he's referring to me. No idea as to whom this asshat is so I reply "I didn't think I needed your permission to go anywhere." and I go back to selecting chips for a snack. The Dill Pickle chips are intriguing me.

"Listen to me you little fuck! As your shift manager..."

I got tired of it at this point. I drew myself to my full 6'2" height, turned so he could see me clearly and said "As my shift manager you'll do what?"

What I saw when I turned around was the top of a head. A slight correction and I see someone wearing a maroon McDonalds shirt and a nameplate declaring that he is the shift manager.

As the rather short fellow realized that I wasn't who he thought I was, all the color ran out of his face and his ability to speak was really diminished. "I...I'm...uhm...I'm...err...<gulp>...I'm awful s-s-s-sorry."

The next thing I saw was his little ass blue-shifting as he runs out of there like he wants to break the light speed barrier.

Turns out (thanks to clarification by the Wawa clerk) there is a person at the McDonalds who looks a little like me but doesn't have that whole "I'm about to rip out your soul and use it to wipe my ass" look on his face when he's annoyed. He's also about as short as the manager I just scared the shit out of. Odds are he asked to make a run for something and was told no by the manager who later decided to step out. Likely he assumed (incorrectly) that I was that guy and he tried to intimidate me.

Ah, nothing like the smell of stupid in the morning
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

owned

What a dumbass....
    Linux user (Debian and Kubuntu)
    Programmer in C and perl!

I'm "only" 16 but do NOT try and outskill me with machines

Comment

HA!

I love it. He probably won't have a bowel movement for a week
      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

I'm surprised he wasn't running funny from the bowel movement he probably just had.

Go Mongo!

Comment

Hmmm, I didn't notice your name

Are you like this mongo?
          Linux user (Debian and Kubuntu)
          Programmer in C and perl!

I'm "only" 16 but do NOT try and outskill me with machines

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post

"Listen to me you little fuck! As your shift manager..."
            Am I the only one disturbed by this? Granted, the guy thought that one of his underlings had snuck out of McDonald's while on the clock to grab a bite to eat, but still.. a manager has NO RIGHT to EVER address their employees as "little fucks."
            My Myspace, add me!

Comment

And I'm finding it delightfully ironic that a MacDonald's employee would grab a bite to eat somewhere else. ^_^
              "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth RammsteinGirl View Post
                Am I the only one disturbed by this? Granted, the guy thought that one of his underlings had snuck out of McDonald's while on the clock to grab a bite to eat, but still.. a manager has NO RIGHT to EVER address their employees as "little fucks."

That's what I was thinking!

If a manager came into another store on my break, calling me those names, I'd hand him/her my name-tag and say, "Here, I'm taking an extended lunch. Don't expect me back."
                Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Am I the only one disturbed by this?.... a manager has NO RIGHT to EVER address their employees as "little fucks."
                  If only managers like these would understand that in order to get respect, you have to give it. If he treated his employees with decency and courtesy, like the fellow human beings they are, they probably wouldn't be sneaking out to lunch all the time.

Good for you for standing up to that asshat, Mongo.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Am I the only one disturbed by this?
                    I, also, was disturbed by that.

Too bad he wasn't reported for that. If any manager of mine talked to me like that, and would do it (however mistakenly) in public, I would complain to whoever for as long as it took for him to be out of a job.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                    X