This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupons

Hi! I'm new to these boards. I have a vent from my work.

I work in a grocery store. I'm a cashier, though I do bakery work, among other things, and I've been there eight years, so I know what I'm doing. Apparently, there're customers that think I don't know what I'm doing.

This happened a few days ago, but it drove me insane, so I'm going to tell it here. I rang up an order as usual, and when I finsihed ringing it up the lady handed me a bunch of coupons. She actually hadn't given me that many, maybe only about ten, but a few of them were for items she did not buy.

Me - You didn't buy this.
    SC - Yes, I did.
    Me - (As I'm checking the reciept,) I don't see it on here, and I don't remember scanning it, could you show it to me?
    SC - Oh, well I didn't buy it today, I bought it last week.
    Me - I'm sorry, I can't take the coupon, but if you still have your receipt from before they can give you the money for the coupon at customer service.
    SC - Well, can't you just take it off.
    Me - I can't take off something that you didn't buy. . .

Anyway, that went on for awhile, and she got really mad at me for "not believing" that she didn't buy the item. I never said I didn't believe her though. All I did was follow the store's policy, which I think is very fair. I mean, we'll take the coupon as long as we see the receipt.

I also can't stand customers when they get mad at me for not taking their expired coupons. They have expiration dates on them for a reason.

I feel better now.

How hard is it to figure out you need to bring the coupons and use them ON THE DAY you actually buy the item? And even if you had rung her up, and she forgot the coupons, i'm assuming she still would have had to go to customer service. The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

I did that last week; i think the cashier thought she had done something wrong...she rung me up, and just as i paid i remembered i had coupons and said "oh crap" really loud...she jumped and said, what's wrong? I just said I forgot to give her my coupons, so she told me to go to customer service...i did, and got my $3.30 back....it isn't a hard concept people!

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
      How hard is it to figure out you need to bring the coupons and use them ON THE DAY you actually buy the item?
      We have a nice phrase around here... "If it makes sense, it's not allowed".™®©

Applies to SCs, moronic managers and coworkers who shouldn't be allowed out in public unsupervised.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

News flash lady: NOT VALID ON PRIOR PURCHASES!!!!!!!!!
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Something else I hate is when people hand me coupons and I check them, and they're expired. I'll hear one of two things;

1) It just expired a few days ago. (Then you should have shopped a few days ago.)
          2) No one else ever checks. (Well, they're supposed to. I'm just doing my job.)

Then there was this one guy once who bought some kind of cleaner. There had been one of those peel off coupons stuck on and he had brought in a coupon from the paper. I could take one, but not both, since the were both manufacters coupons.

The guy would not listen to me, and kept insisting that the peel off one was a store coupon, and that I could take both. So I called over the CSR and he told her I was "cheating him out of $1." She told him the same thing I did, which was that I could not take both.

He then said he'd like to see a manager. Well, this was around 10:00 PM and the manager had already left, so we called up the night manager who said the same thing we had. He continued to yell at the three of us since "he spent so much money on the store" and "what difference does another dollar make." (If another dollar doesn't make a difference, why was he making such a big deal? )

He left in a fit saying he wouldn't shop with us anymore, (gee, what a shame,) and that he'd be calling the store to speak to the "real" manager in the morning.

Comment

We have people come up to membership and get mad because we don't have coupons to give them.

YES, we give out coupons sometimes but we ran out of the ones that we can give out. It defeats the purpose of sending coupons in the mail if we give them to everyone in the store. Sometimes we don't give certain coupons out, and people get so mad because they don't ever get them.

It's random mailing. Sorry, tough $@&#.
            "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

Coupon: A little piece of paper that allows you to get money whenever you want it, even if you don't deserve it.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth disneyfav4ever View Post
                He left in a fit saying he wouldn't shop with us anymore, (gee, what a shame,) and that he'd be calling the store to speak to the "real" manager in the morning.
                Ah, yes. To a sucky customer the job of "manager" requires granting the customers' every wish, no matter how outrageous.

So, obviously, anyone who says "no" to a customer can't really be a manager.
                The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I'd get that occasionally with the promo checks that would go out to people. I could only endorse them for the customer to use for items in the store provided they brought in a new script or transferred a script from another pharmacy.
                  I lost track of the people who'd bring in the checks and complain that they'd brought in a new one 5 fills ago. Uhhh.....if you read the not so small print on this check, it says that it needs to be presented AT THE TIME OF FRICKIN' PURCHASE OF SAID NEW/TRANSFERRED SCRIPT.

Seriously, not that hard of a concept.

Comment

Working...
                  X