Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come again? Just *how* did you expect it to work?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come again? Just *how* did you expect it to work?

My department lead related this story to me the moment I punched in and got on the sales floor.

Guy walks in and thumps a photo printer down on the counter where my Lead happens to be standing.

SC: I wanna talk to Dave the manager!

Very flattering that he thought I was the manager, but I digress......

(actually, to be fair, he was probably thinking of the other Dave who is our tech and wears a shirt similar to the managers' shirts, but we needn't quibble about that )

Lead: There is no manager named Dave.

SC: Well I wanna talk to Dave the manager!!!!!

Lead: Well there isn't manager named Dave here, but what was your question?

SC: This doesn't work!!!!

Lead: Well what's the problem? What's not working?

SC: It won't print pictures!!!!

Lead: From your computer or from a memory card?

SC: From the card. Dave told me it would print pictures from that card and it doesn't!!!!!!!

Lead: Do you have the card with you?

SC: It's in there! *points angrily to printer*

So the Lead took the card out of the printer and walked it over to another display printer to see if it would work on that. She found that the card contained 0 pictures, and 0 files. It was totally blank.

Lead: Sir, the aren't any pictures on the card to print.

SC: What? You mean I have to do that myself?! Dave told me I just put the card in there and I can print my pictures!!!! But it doesn't work!!!!

Lead: Where are you getting your pictures? Do you have a camera or are you getting them off your computer?

SC: This! *pulls out a digital camera and waves it around*

Lead: Well you need to put the card in the camera to get pictures on it, then you can put the card in the printer to print them.

SC: Look, Dave told me that I just put the card in the printer and my pictures would print out.

Lead: Yes, but unless the card is in the camera when you take the pictures, there will be nothing to print.

Yes, this guy ACTUALLY THOUGHT that the pictures would just magically appear on the card for him to print out. I was stunned at the sheer level of stupidity involved here. And I can assure you that neither I nor the other Dave would have told ANYONE that it works that way.

SC: Well there's no where to put a card in here *thrusts camera in Lead's face, pissing her off* and no one told me I had to do that!

*Lead takes the camera, easily locates SD card slot, and loads the card*

Lead: Here, now go take some pictures.

*SC leaves in a fit of rage*
    Last edited by Dave1982; 08-11-2007, 02:40 AM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

I think my brain just explo--
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Of course, it was all YOUR fault that HE was so stupid!

I've said it many times over and I'll say it again... some people just shouldn't be allowed to use electronics.

I've usually said that about computers, but come on here... a damned digital camera?

Comment

Quoth theredbaron47 View Post

I've said it many times over and I'll say it again... some people just shouldn't be allowed to use electronics.

I've usually said that about computers, but come on here... a damned digital camera?

For the record, I do not believe I ever dealt with this guy. And even if I did I didn't say what he said I said (of course, who ever says what an SC says you said?)
        Last edited by Dave1982; 08-11-2007, 03:09 AM.
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I am SERIOUSLY gonna lose it on the next person I see acting like this... If I stop posting, it means I've been murdered. Death by sucky rage..

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
            And even if Isay what he said I said (of course, who ever says what an SC says you said?)
            Whoo, was able to glue my brain back together...thank dog...now to read more posts...huh? what are you sayi-- *sploosh*
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Whoo, was able to glue my brain back together...thank dog...now to read more posts...huh? what are you sayi-- *sploosh*

Sorry. Goofed up there. I fixed it (really must learn to proofread FIRST)

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Sounds like a not-too-bright guy who used to live next door to my Grandma, he thought that if you cut an extension cord in half, you could just tie the ends together in a knot, and it would work again...
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

That's all I have to say about that dude. Brain can not comprehend that level of stupidity.

Comment

Sounds like an advocate of FM technology management.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                      Yes, this guy ACTUALLY THOUGHT that the pictures would just magically appear on the card for him to print out. I was stunned at the sheer level of stupidity involved here. And I can assure you that neither I nor the other Dave would have told ANYONE that it works that way.*
                      Well, this is the wireless age....

Comment

My head hurts.

Stupid people should be sued for the pain and suffering they cause people who are smarter than them.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Wireless yes. Cameraless No. Wow thats special. But then again to give the devil his due some technology can appear quite magical to some people.

Comment

A guy I knew had an overheated radiator and thought that pouring ice cold water on it would cool it down.

His fabulous, gay cousin was there on the scene, "Now, I don't know much about cars, Gary, but I don't think that it is a good idea to be putting cold water on hot metal..."

Gary, being the stubborn, childish asshole he is, decided not to heed the warnings of his cousin and did it anyway.

Later, Gary called me and was complaining about his broken radiator. I told him, "I don't know much about cars either Gary, but you can apply simple physics here. Hot metal will crack when cold water is poured on it because, and I'm just speculating here, the state of flux happened too fast...."

His response? "Flux? What's that?"

me-
                            Check out my cosplay social group!
                            http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth theredbaron47 View Post

I've said it many times over and I'll say it again... some people just shouldn't be allowed to use Oxygen.

FTFY .
                              DILLIGAF

Comment

Working...
                              X