This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll disown you...(Stupid Mother)

So this, I don't know, snobby looking woman came in with her young daughter. (Maybe five...?). Got her some candy. As they are walking out, she stops her daugher at the door, points to me, looks me in the eye (How kind), leans down, and tells her daughter, loudly enough for me to hear,

"If you ever become one of Those , I'll disown you. Then proceeded to walk out with her daughter.

Now I'm in uniform, cleanshaven, combed hair, what the heck? I can only assume she means clerk!

I .. didn't know how to respone to that, and she walked out before I could anyway.

The entire time in the store, the kid said NOTHING, her mom even picked her candy for her.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

wow control issues much.

it would be terrible for her daughter to become a nice, hard working person.
    "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

I would have said "I'm pretty sure when your child grows up, she'll promptly throw your snobby ass into a home and disown you as well!"
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I would have said "I'm pretty sure when your child grows up, she'll promptly throw your snobby ass into a home and disown you as well!"
        Let us hope...

Yeah, her daughter grows up to have an honest job and a healthy work ethic? Yeah, that would be pretty terrible? Would her mother rather her daughter grow up to be, say, Nicole Richie?
        "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
          Now I'm in uniform, cleanshaven, combed hair, what the heck? I can only assume she means clerk!

I .. didn't know how to respone to that, and she walked out before I could anyway.
          Maybe she meant if her daughter became a boy. Maybe the daughter is really a tomboy and she's starting to get concerned

Comment

Wow. I cannot believe that.

I sincerely despise people like that with every ounce of my being.

What the hell gives people the right to disparage retail workers like that?
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That's so rude of the mother.

Sure, being in retail isn't a glamorous job and sure, being in retail doesn't rake in as high earnings as doctors or lawyers. And sure, being in retail isn't quite as prestigious as some other high profiling job, but nevertheless, it is still a respectable job. It helps to pay bills. It lets the employee have a little pocket money. In many cases, it puts the employee through their schooling.

Whats more, its an honest job. Just because retail workers have to do quite a bit of ass kissing and serving people doesn't mean it's any less of a job. Because it isn't.

Comment

Some people simply aren't worth hating. That woman knows she's hateful, deep down she knows she's wrong, it simply does not care. Not worth my time to bother with. Those type are incapable of learning, they must be endured, suffered and ignored. Fighting them is futile, FUN, but almost always causing more grief than any revenge gained.

Comment

That's not rude, that's just plain cruel, and absolutely sociopathic. Poor lady.

Comment

You know what will happen don't you?

The kid will grow up and make new friends who'll show her the better side of life. And before the mother even gets her chance, the Daughter will disown the Mother.
                    Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Not a chance, controlling mother, the daughter's gonna rebel, just like the rest of them. The leash is too short, so the second it breaks, she's gone. My money is that she's gonna be hanging out with the wrong crowd, just to spite her mother (subconsciously) That's my on this bit since I deal with teenagers everyday.
                      It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
                      ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Quoth Aldous View Post
                        Not a chance, controlling mother, the daughter's gonna rebel, just like the rest of them. The leash is too short, so the second it breaks, she's gone. My money is that she's gonna be hanging out with the wrong crowd, just to spite her mother (subconsciously) That's my on this bit since I deal with teenagers everyday.
                        True story. The more the child is controlled, the wilder they get when they are finally released. (Usually happens when they get to college). Parents, do your kids a favor and *let them freaking live their lives!!* The only way to learn from mistakes is to make them. Just be there to pick up the pieces and help them learn how to recover. That kid is going to end up in rehab, mark my words.
                        Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                        Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                        The Office

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                          Oh, she'll change her mind when it comes time to pay for college. I wasn't supposed to be working through college either.
                          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth allniter View Post
                            You know what will happen don't you?

The kid will grow up and make new friends who'll show her the better side of life. And before the mother even gets her chance, the Daughter will disown the Mother.
                            I was personally envisioning call girl as her employment, but I'm pessimistic that way

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                              "If you ever become one of Those , I'll disown you."
                              "Ma'am, it'd be quite a trick to see your daughter become male."

Comment

Working...
                              X