This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with stupidity 'til the cows come home

I now have the urge to go buy a cowgirl hat, and listen to my Jeff Foxworthy CD all day long.

Honkeytonk Badonkadonk
    I was stocking olives on the shelves. Unfortunately, the olives are on the high shelf, and I'm 4'8". I had to stretch and stand on my tiptoes to reach the shelf. While doing this, a guy passes by, whistles, and says, "That's one nice ass you got there! Bet you're a real hoot down at the bars when you're dancing!" (note: yes, I've been told I'm a good dancer, but I don't do it in bars. I'm underage.) I just smile sweetly and go, "Boy, you better keep your distance, you can look but you can't touch." He hollered and hooted and walked away laughing. I don't mind guys who flirt with me. Sometimes I flirt back like I did with this one.

Man, I Feel Like a Woman
    There was this college guy wandering around the store... in a skirt. The customers around him generally avoided him.

What Was I Thinkin'?
    This is actually a co-worker's story. Seems he fell in love with a girl and they decided to go on a date together. Problem is girl's dad is overly protective of his daughter and doesn't want her to go out. So girl sneaks out window and dad finds out. He goes after boy with his shotgun and proceeds to make it rain bullets inside the bed of boy's pick-up truck. Later, dad calls the cops on the boy saying boy kidnapped his daughter. This led to the police pulling over boy and asking girl if she's okay. Girl says she's on a date with boy and is furious her dad called the cops. Boy decides to bring girl home to avoid any trouble with dad. Dad tells boy if he ever gets near his daughter again, it's not just going to be the truck he shoots at. Boy is shaking when he gets to work and tells me this story. I pat him on the back, and buy him a huge bag of his favorite treat, marshmallows.

She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy
    Guy comes up and asks if we have any plant food. We do and I tell him what aisle it's in. He comes back into my line and says that he hopes this food will make the grass grow faster so he can cut it. He sees me raise an eyebrow and elaborates. He explains that his wife likes it when he cuts the grass and will often join him and *ahem* try different positions while cutting the grass. I felt grateful after he left.

Just another amusing day in retail hell. Of course, with all the country song that kept popping into my head as the day went on with sucky customers, I'm surprised that I didn't see any horses running around asking which aisle we kept the hay and fodder.
    "But I don't want to be among mad people."
    You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Quoth Princess-Snake View Post
    Of course, with all the country song that kept popping into my head as the day went on with sucky customers, I'm surprised that I didn't see any horses running around asking which aisle we kept the hay and fodder.
    Whiskey for my men; beer for my horses.
    Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

Are you sure it was a skirt . . .and not a Utili Kilt?
      We have a few gentlemen out here that now wear a kilt full time. They have found that on the really hot days it is better than shorts.

Comment

It was a denim skirt. With gold sequins lining the pockets. Trust me, it was not a kilt.
        "But I don't want to be among mad people."
        You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

You are correct that does not sound like a kilt to me either.

With the refs to Jeff Foxworthy, Cowboy Hat etc . . . I just had to make sure. As I said I know of a few full time kilt Men. In parts of Tx that will get you looked at funny until you educate on the kilt itself.

Comment

It was a denim skirt. With gold sequins lining the pockets. Trust me, it was not a kilt.
            Although its a little early, if he was college, might have been a fraternity stunt...make the freshman pledges wear a skirt for a day...

Comment

He explains that his wife likes it when he cuts the grass and will often join him and *ahem* try different positions while cutting the grass
              Do they use the bag or not?
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

He explains that his wife likes it when he cuts the grass and will often join him and *ahem* try different positions while cutting the grass. I felt grateful after he left.
                I guess she likes to ride the mower...

I'd have preferred to be left thinking he was growing pot...
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                  Are you sure it was a skirt . . .and not a Utili Kilt?
                  We have a few gentlemen out here that now wear a kilt full time. They have found that on the really hot days it is better than shorts.
                  I went to a school that had some guys who lived in the pacific islands for a while. It wasn't uncommon to find guys in getups that were much like lightweight skirts with hawaiin-shirt-style prints on them.

Comment

The best way to wear a kilt and get away with it is to do the best horrific Scottish stereotype accent you can manage. They usually run at that point.

Comment

Nothing like safe sex.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                        I went to a school that had some guys who lived in the pacific islands for a while. It wasn't uncommon to find guys in getups that were much like lightweight skirts with hawaiin-shirt-style prints on them.
                        would that be a sarong?
                        Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Let's see if I understand it. He took her out, so her father shot at him? I assume they were both of legal age to be dating, since he owned a truck. So...why wasn't papa arrested for assault with a deadly weapon? If I were the kid, I would have filed charges!
                          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Uh..

Am I reading the same story as everyone else? Your co-worker HAD to have some details left out... Underage girl... racist overtones... I don't care HOW big you are... You shoot at me and don't kill me??? The LEAST thing that's gonna happen to you is you go to JAIL!!!!

Comment

What Was I Thinkin'?
                              This is actually a co-worker's story. Seems he fell in love with a girl and they decided to go on a date together. Problem is girl's dad is overly protective of his daughter and doesn't want her to go out. So girl sneaks out window and dad finds out. He goes after boy with his shotgun and proceeds to make it rain bullets inside the bed of boy's pick-up truck. Later, dad calls the cops on the boy saying boy kidnapped his daughter. This led to the police pulling over boy and asking girl if she's okay. Girl says she's on a date with boy and is furious her dad called the cops. Boy decides to bring girl home to avoid any trouble with dad. Dad tells boy if he ever gets near his daughter again, it's not just going to be the truck he shoots at. Boy is shaking when he gets to work and tells me this story. I pat him on the back, and buy him a huge bag of his favorite treat, marshmallows.
                              Uh... and the father didn't get in trouble with the police, why, exactly? Where I live, filing a false police report is a criminal offense. So is the faking of nonexistent felonies, and, uh... shooting at people! Didn't your co-worker file charges?
                              You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Working...
                              X