This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You want some cheese with that WHINE?

A little backstory: Wal Mart carries these 10ft x 10ft fold-up blue canopies. They are insanely popular, especially at this time of year. Well as with all supply and demand, my store cannot keep them in stock. Our last shipment was 11 canopies that came in on a Friday, two of which I personally sold right off of the pallet before the overnight stocker could set them up. By Sunday morning there was one left. That was two weeks ago, and we haven't gotten any more in yet.
    I should also note that we have a display canopy hanging over the department, as store policy is that unless its been discontinued, we keep the displays up, even if we don't have it

This brings me to the guy who came in yesterday. I was doing claims (oh there is a thread all on its own) with about six or seven minutes left before my shift was over when this guy came over. I didn't deal with this guy directly, but my coworker J did, so I still had to hear it.

Whiny Guy- Excuse me do you have any more of those (points to display canopy)

J- No sir we're still sold out

At this point WG affects a tone of voice much like some spoiled teenage girl whose daddy took away her Mercedes

WG- Well why do you still have the display up if you don't have it? That doesn't make sense

J tells him about the display policy

WG- Look I go to the gym right here and I've been in here every day for two weeks and you still don't have it in. Two weeks I've been coming in here and nothing

At this point I butt in and tell him that the last shipment was two weeks ago (Where the hell was he then?) and they all went fast, J tells him pretty much the same thing but he continues to whine.

WG- You know this store is just going to hell, you never have what I want in stock and there's never anyone around to help me (WG had apparantly called last week in the morning when my department manager was working overnights, and thus no one answered the phone when he called)

WG then asked if he could get a raincheck, which we don't do but J did anyway so he would shut the hell up. After he left J comments to me, " No this store is going to hell because of idiots like him ruining it for us"

Seriously, let me call you a whaaaaambulance, fucking crybaby. You and the 50 other people who bitch at us because we don't have those canopies in

Yeah but I can agree with the frustration when there's something on display, which to me, implies that they have it available, although it's been sold out for God knows when. If they had a sign on the display that said "Sold Out" then it wouldnt bother me as much.

Comment

That is why Walmart is stupid. I would be upset also, if something is on display; that you didn't actually have
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I wish people would learn what departments do what at wal-mart. It isn't YOUR fault if you don't have those canopies in. That's the job of whoever orders stock for wal-mart. They should know that the canopies are selling really well and order more of them. It's their responsibility, not yours.

But I agree, there should be a sold-out sign, but again, not YOUR fault there isn't one. Too bad they consider it your resposibility to handle the outraged customers for them.
        Check out my cosplay social group!
        http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
          Yeah but I can agree with the frustration when there's something on display, which to me, implies that they have it available, although it's been sold out for God knows when. If they had a sign on the display that said "Sold Out" then it wouldnt bother me as much.
          My thoughts exactly.

The store's policy is silly, if you ask me, and provides more ammo for certain SCs.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Yes I know it is annoying, and it bugs us too. We also sell this three piece table and chair set that for the longest time we had on display, but it was completely out of stock at our store and every other Wal Mart in the area. I know this because I had to call every other store within 20 miles trying to find one for various people. You see, I understand the frustration, but its people like that guy, as well as the people who make you call ten other stores, that a lot of us get sick of.

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
              That is why Walmart is stupid. I would be upset also, if something is on display; that you didn't actually have
              That used to happen a lot at the furniture store. Someone at head office would decide to range a new dining setting or whatever and send 1 display model to each store. Unfortunately they wouldn't bother to get any for the warehouse to supply any customers who ordered it.
              Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

I'm suprised he didn't throw out the words "Bait and switch." I had some bitchy woman accuse me of just that, even after I told her I wasn't the one who did the ordering. Meanwhile, her husband was just standing there silently, rolling his eyes, obviously embarrassed by her behavior.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Ugh I hate it when a store has displays and doesn't have the product. I also hate when places have "now hiring" but they actually aren't. I know it's all corporate's decision, but it's VERY frustrating. It's also frustrating when the store itself doesn't have control over ordering OR the person ordering is a complete moron who can't figure out trends like these canopies should be ordered by the ton b/c they are very popular in the summer - don't order them in the winter, order a TON in the summer.... is that so hard? I never understood that when I worked in a coffee shop - they wouldn't order the popular winter drink stuff ahead of time so we'd have it, then they wouldn't order the popular summer drink stuff ahead of time so that we would have it - or we'd run out of vanilla syrup which is the most popular and used in sevearl drink recipes..... we should have had at least 2-3 bottles of the stuff at all times, in my opinion.......... oh well glad that "career" is over.

Comment

Working...
                  X