This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's NOT a hotel!!!!

The correctional facility I work at DOES look like one of those motels with all the doors on the outside, so occassionally we get people pulling up wanted to get a room for the night. Most people hear "correctional facility, not a hotel" and actually UNDERSTAND it. Until this guy.

I'm outside doing the various room checks to make sure everyone is where they are supposed to be when i see this guy pull up. I walk up to the front parking and ask if I can help him.

DA=Dumbass

DA- Yeah, I'd like to get a room for the night

me- Sorry sir, this is a correctional facility, but there is a hotel just up the---

DA-You don't understand, I want a room for the night

Me-Sir, we are NOT a hotel. This is a correctional facility, a halfway house for those coming out of jail

DA-Well it looks like a hotel

(Coworker coming out to see what is going on, here's this last bit)

CW-THis is NOT a hotel, we will NOT give youa room, if you do not leave the property now, I will call the cops.

DA-this ISN'T a hotel? (all astonished)

DUH. what clued you in? The fact that you saw me opening doors, walking in and Shining lights into the room? The big sign on the door stating no weapons, mace, pepper spray, knives of anykind or anything like because it's a CORRECTIONAL facility? Was it the guy who yelled over 'hey April, can I have permission to smoke?

Amusingly, had he kept on about it, he just might have gotten a room in your facility after all!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Amusingly, had he kept on about it, he just might have gotten a room in your facility after all!
      Ha, I was thinking the same thing
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

HeEHeee You SHOULD give em a room! Roaches check in....

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          I thought the same thing!!!!!!!

We're a funny bunch.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I feel like the only person who wasn't thinking this. Damn my ADD, I was thinking of the monkey again. Funny monkey with cymbils. What day is it again?
            It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
            ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

*makes monkey cymbal banging motions* feel better, Aldous? I've been wanting one of those monkeys for ages to put on my desk at work....

What an idiot. If someone said "correctional facility" to me, you wouldn't have to tell me twice that that isn't the place I'd WANT to be!
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Wow! Just wow! Does the guy want you to leave a bunk open when he needs one?

Comment

Working...
                X