This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pagan View Post
    Amen to that sister (or is it brother?)!
    Sister.

Honestly, I don't care what the customer is buying, even if he or she comes to my counter with a box of condoms, AstroGlide, extra-large cucumbers, toy handcuffs, Redi-Whip and chocolate sauce, I'll just ring it up without comment, other than the usual, "Thank you for shopping here, have a nice day" gab. I don't need any explanations, as long as your payment is legit, I'm fine with it.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Thats what I find funny. I figure that after enough time doing the kinds of jobs that we do, we are so freaken jaded that it takes a lot to set off our what the fuck sensors on what it is they are buying/having made/etc.

For example, remember part of my business is a copyshop, and we do work for attorneys, including criminal defense attorneys. I've seen just about everything imaginable come my way. Everything from Nude adults, to full on Homicide Crime Scene photos. It just doesn't bother me anymore. The nice thing though, is the clients who send us the real graphic stuff will warn us that its pretty bad. When we still had employee's this was my que to run it myself if the girls were back on the machines (highschool age or just out of highschool girls), I always figured that I didn't want to be the one to fuck up their innocence on something like this. But after enough years, it's just another job, you stop looking at what the actual image is and you just regard it as any other printed piece of paper.
      My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post
        aw come on, you felt the need to share that inducing mental image with the rest of us? you evil evil person. for shame.
        for everyone!!
        That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Probably the one odd purchase I made as a customer that stood out in my mind was when I was about 18 and buying some music cassettes. At a grocery store. (Hey, they were cheap!) And the cassettes in question were The Mamas and the Papas....and Black Sabbath. Clerk looked at me quizzically. "Yep...they're both for me!"

Though I recently had another amusing one. The owner of The Bar that RW and I work at is semi-well known, and has written some motivational books. I really don't bother with those normally, but on my recent mini-vacation, while book shopping, I came across one of these on the bargain rack for only five bucks. I just HAD to buy it. And then the clerk made the mistake of asking, as I approached the register, "So, what do you have today?" Me, as I unload my selected books: "Serial killer, serial killer, serial killer, my boss, serial killer, serial killer." He laughed.

Quoth digilight View Post
          But after enough years, it's just another job, you stop looking at what the actual image is and you just regard it as any other printed piece of paper.
          In many lines of work, this holds true. That is why many of my male friends were shocked when I didn't think it was that big of a deal to be DJing in a strip club. Yes, I love the female body, but after a while, to be honest, seeing those girls naked was just about the same as seeing any other coworker at any other job in their uniform. Oftentimes it was more stimulating to me to see them out of work in non-stripper outfits. Also why my friend the body painter is pretty much nonplussed by naked women at this point in his life, with very few exceptions.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Does anyone else find it ironic to say, "Have a good night." to someone buying condoms and possibly lube on a Friday night? Working at a pharmacy, I dealt with that a lot. Interesting part was I had a lot of OLD people buying condoms and lube.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I notice, but I don't care. Like I've told customers before if they start to act nervous or go into excessive details, "It's your money to do with as you please. I just work here."
              The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                Does anyone else find it ironic to say, "Have a good night." to someone buying condoms and possibly lube on a Friday night?
                At my old store, one of the guys from Best Buy came in and bought some condoms.

I said to him, "I'd tell you to have a good night, but I know you are already planning to."

He blushed. I felt bad.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post
                  aw come on, you felt the need to share that inducing mental image with the rest of us? you evil evil person. for shame.
                  Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  Took the words right out of my...mouth? Fingers?
                  Hey, I actually had to see her! I still haven't gotten the image out of my head. I think I might need therapy.

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  Sister.

Honestly, I don't care what the customer is buying
                  Alrighty then, sister! Exactly! AND I don't need a whole itinerary of your plans. Had a lady today that kept informing me of what she was doing, even letting me know that she was going to the bathroom (but she would be back!) because she just couldn't wait. Hey, lady, I. Don't. CARE!!!
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                    Does anyone else find it ironic to say, "Have a good night." to someone buying condoms and possibly lube on a Friday night? Working at a pharmacy, I dealt with that a lot. Interesting part was I had a lot of OLD people buying condoms and lube.
                    To quote the infamous Aussie comedian Rodney Rude:

Me grandfather and me grandmother were going to have a root.
                    Grandfather says, "wait a minute, I'll go get a condom"
                    Grandmother says, "don't be silly, you don't need a condom, I'm too old to get pregnant."
                    Grandfather says, "I know that, but when my cock gets wet, I get arthritis"

Total surrender
                    Your touch is so tender
                    Your skin is like water on a burning beach
                    And it brings me relief
                    "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                      Does anyone else find it ironic to say, "Have a good night." to someone buying condoms and possibly lube on a Friday night?
                      Ironic? Not at all. You are wishing them well in their endeavours.

Ironic would be if you said "have a good night" to someone who had just purchased a coffin or mortuary plot. Saying it to someone buying sexual items is not ironic, though it MIGHT be redundant!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                        At my old store, one of the guys from Best Buy came in and bought some condoms.

I said to him, "I'd tell you to have a good night, but I know you are already planning to."

He blushed. I felt bad.
                        Awwwwwwwwwwww.

Hey, there are guys who blush? How cute.

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        Hey, I actually had to see her! I still haven't gotten the image out of my head. I think I might need therapy.
                        I'd offer to take up a collection for your therapy, but I need it first.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                          Awwwwwwwwwwww.

Hey, there are guys who blush? How cute.
                          Yes, my female co-workers at my last job took great delight in trying to make me blush. They had some very inappropriate conversations at my expense
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I don't have any unusual purchases, I only work at an electronics store and not the fun kind. I have however, noticed that my sense of smell is far more developed than my coworkers. And usually I discover this exactly when I don't want to.

Sometimes I think I'm the only clean person left on earth.

As for condoms, when I buy them, I put them down and do my best to ignore them and everyone around me. They're necessary but it's still damn embarassing.
                            Every Time I help a customer, I feel dirty inside.

Also cold and wet.

Sticky, too.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                              Yes, my female co-workers at my last job took great delight in trying to make me blush. They had some very inappropriate conversations at my expense
                              Ooooh, sounds like fun. Too bad I couldn't have joined in.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I've had several customers at my last job purchase the following:

- Several tubes of personal lubricant
                                - One VERY LARGE, suspiciously-shaped gourd-type vegetable.

Let your mind wander where it will.
                                ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Working...
                                X