This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just A Couple Of Quickies

Just a quickie, we had a woman show up at nearly 5 in the morning. She arrived with a guy in a Beemer and was very scantily dressed. She then proceeds to ask us if there was anyway she could be a room for 30$ a night and that they only wanted the room to "nap" in for a few hours. Needless to say our hotel rates start at a hundred and there would be no negotiations.

We have this one local guy who is homeless and well not quite all there. He generally stops at the adjoining laundromat in order to do his laundry about three times a week. He comes over to the hotel to bum some laundry detergent off of us, the manager takes pity and gives him some. How does he repay him for his kindness? He hangs out in the parking lot harassing the other hotel guests for change. Then of course throws a tantrum when told to stop.
    Last edited by TruthHurts; 08-23-2007, 11:42 PM.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

THat's what bums do, they walk into any random building and gets on topic with the theme of the building they enter. Since it was a hotel and was bothered by the stench of his clothes he needs detergent. Since homeless people lack a lot of deep sleep his co-ordination, concentration, and short term memory is very poor. he decides to panhandle his way to have a decent living. I feel sorry for the homeless and totally sympathize with their unusual behavior.
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Just a quickie
      apparently so...

yeah, lady, have a nice nap
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
        Just a quickie...
        That's ok. Some of us enjoy a quickie now and again.
        This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          yeah, lady, have a nice nap
          Actually, I'd feel sorry for them both if she slept through it...
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
            Actually, I'd feel sorry for them both if she slept through it...

I dunno maybe that's what he's paying for

As for the homeless guy, don't get me wrong I have nothing against homeless people. When I was 12 my dad and I were homeless ourselves for about a year. I just feel that it's not kosher to bother guests of a hotel when the hotel was nice enough to give you detergent for free so that you can have clean clothes.
            My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Just a quickie, we had a woman show up at nearly 5 in the morning. She arrived with a guy in a Beemer and was very scantily dressed. She then proceeds to ask us if there was anyway she could be a room for 30$ a night and that they only wanted the room to "nap" in for a few hours. Needless to say our hotel rates start at a hundred and there would be no negotiations.

We have this one local guy who is homeless and well not quite all there. He generally stops at the adjoining laundromat in order to do his laundry about three times a week. He comes over to the hotel to bum some laundry detergent off of us, the manager takes pity and gives him some. How does he repay him for his kindness? He hangs out in the parking lot harassing the other hotel guests for change. Then of course throws a tantrum when told to stop.
              When i saw the title my first though was 'huh i didnt know they rented rooms by the hour' which made the first story funnier

Comment

Yep. Every time I let my guard down for a second, I get ass-humped by bums I've trusted. They may be smart, able to engage you in a real conversation, but if you turn your back they will steal from you in a second. At least for me, YMMV.

Joe

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                  When i saw the title my first though was 'huh i didnt know they rented rooms by the hour' which made the first story funnier
                  Back in the 70's and early 80's there used to be a beat down, raunchy motel outside Pittsburgh called "Boomy's" that actually rented rooms by the hour for 10.00, 3 hours for 17.50, by the night for 20.00, for the week for 95.00 and for a month at 275.00 or something close to that. The place had a sleazy bar that actually had a sign advertising those rates, which are estimated because I don't really remember the actual rates except for the hourly. It has long since closed.

I remember this because I used to work right up the street at a Ponderosa Restaurant and had to walk to the bus stop that was right in front of the place.

Side note:

When I lived in Tucson, there was, and still may be, a Motel called the "No-Tel Mo-tel that catered to Tucson's gay community. It was actually a nice looking place, at least from the street.

Speaking of Ponderosa, I just reminded myself of all the early 80's suckiness from there. I'm going to have to put together a post on that some day.
                  Last edited by bigjimaz; 08-24-2007, 10:22 AM.
                  This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

According to those who know, NJ still has more than a few places that will rent by the hour.

Charming.

At least it keeps them off the streets.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                      According to those who know, NJ still has more than a few places that will rent by the hour.

Charming.

At least it keeps them off the streets.
                      Living in NJ, I can confirm this, but not from personal experience! Just drive up and down Route 1 in Central Jersey, and I'm sure there are other places as well, but that's all i can think of for now...although it's been a while, so things may have changed.

Comment

North Bergen also has/had it's share, from what I've heard.

And Route 46.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I would imagine there're probably at least a handful of sleazy, rent a room by the hour motels in Vegas. It seems to be the kind of place for that.
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

There's at least one in the county I live in. Sleezy place on the outside, no idea what the inside looks like.

Comment

Quoth Purple Monkey Dishwasher View Post
                              Yep. Every time I let my guard down for a second, I get ass-humped by bums I've trusted. They may be smart, able to engage you in a real conversation, but if you turn your back they will steal from you in a second. At least for me, YMMV.

Joe
                              They (the real bums) are living down at Tiers 1&2 of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Those being Biological Needs and Safety. You don't get to "respecting the property of others" until Tier 3 - Social Needs, which gets pushed aside if it conflicts with Tier 1 or 2, the same way Safety gets pushed aside if you have to do something dangerous to fulfill a basic biological need.
                              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                              X