This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few more peeves from a cashier

Not a huge deal, but one of my peeves as a cashier are the people who will interupt/ingore me when I greet them. It'll go something like this:

Me: "Hi, how are-"
    Customer: *holding an item out to me* "I don't want this."
    Me: *thinking* And you couldn't have told me this after I was finished and you at least ankowledged me??

Or this:

Me: "Hi, how are-"
    Customer: "This is supposed to be on sale, can you see what it rings up as?"

It's just kind of annoying that they can't wait two seconds after at least saying "hi" or "fine, thanks".

Oh, and then there was the guy who set some stuff on he belt, then walks up, reaches in front of me and yanks the screen towards him so he can watch. All you had to do was ask me to turn it towards if you couldn't see it, you know.

And once in a great while you'll get someone who'll snatch the bags right out from under you while you're in the process of filling them and there's still plenty of room for other items. Okay, apparently they decide when it's full.

We had a guy almost break one monitor because he tried to turn it so hard. It was bolted down so it wouldn't walk away. It has happed before.

Comment

I don't allow people to touch the computer screen because I need it to remain at a certain angle so I can see it. Duh... Also, we have the pin pad or the other screen (depending on where in the store you are) that the customers can look at. I have told plenty of people that, "I wouldn't dare go to your job and rearrange your furniture. So please, don't ever touch my computer screen again."

The worse part about this is in order to touch my computer you have to actually go behind my counter. It's kind of hard to explain but this pretty much means that you're invading my space and you need to move NOW!

Comment

This goes into my earlier rant about looking at my monitor. We're not supposed to let customers see them because they could possibly contain customers' personal info. However, my store isn't set up in such a way to avoid that. So customers can see EVERYTHING. And they swear up and down you didn't ring something up right, and they bitch, moan, and complain that "THAT WAS ON SALE!" or "I'M SUPPOSED TO GET A GIFT CARD WITH THIS" or whatever...things that we'd happily tell them--when we ring up the TOTAL.

Comment

I couldn't stand it at the hardware store when people would crane their necks wayyyyyyy the fuck over so they could watch EVERYTHING on the monitor ring up.

Comment

This is why I miss the computer we had back at Ames with that seperate little monitor that the customer could look at and see how things ran up.

...of course turning them off manually one by one was fun. ^_^
            "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

When someone ignores my greeting or tries to talk over it I simply don't let them. I'll repeat it until they respond.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
              ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth SuperB View Post
                When someone ignores my greeting or tries to talk over it I simply don't let them. I'll repeat it until they respond.
                Where I work, I have to fill in on the switchboard occasionally. If I get someone who tries to interupt during my greeting, I don't let them. I just keep right on talking.
                "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

One time when I used to work at Famous Footwear, I had a lady customer who asked what the shoes had rung up, and I told her, and she demanded I turn my computer screen around to let her see it. I couldn't. It was bolted into the counter. I explained this to her, and even offered to let her go behind the desk (even though I wasn't supposed to) so she could see for herself what it rang up. After I offered that, she finally gave up and I suppose she believed me. I can only think she must have gotten burned by cashiers in the past who might have told her a higher total so they could pocket the money or something. Either that, or she was just paranoid.

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
                    And once in a great while you'll get someone who'll snatch the bags right out from under you while you're in the process of filling them and there's still plenty of room for other items. Okay, apparently they decide when it's full.
                    Yes... I also absolutely hate it when someone does that to me. Don't reach for things that aren't in front of you man talk about rude
                    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

^What about the people who rip out the receipt before you hand it to them? Pisses me off every time I see it.

Comment

Only had that happen once or twice since I started, on the express lane.

Comment

Working...
                        X