This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Springer's Dead Armadillo Party

New shift today. Yay, I guess. At least I can sleep in a little more now. Except my new desk faces a window so I have the harsh light of the daystar in my view at all times, and least until night. It burns us. We hates it.

Also, I saw a dead armadillo on the highway on my way to work. I didn’t know we had armadillos in Kansas, I’ve never seen one before. Apparently because the state is fatal to them.

SW = Sucky Woman
    SM = Sucky Man
    CSR = General Customer Service Rep
    ME = Hissss!

Where the party at?

SW: Yeah, my friend said you guys are having a party and I want to go but I don’t know where you are.
    ME: Um… I’m sorry?
    SW: I want to know where it is.
    ME: I, uh, think you have the wrong number.
    SW: Who is this?
    ME: This is Kara, with (COMPANY). Your wireless phone provider.
    SW: So, can you tell me where the party is?

There is no party here. Trust me, you don’t want to be here, among the customer service folk. The sum of our hatred radiates throughout our call center like a miasma of death. If you set foot in here, you would know what true madness is, moments before your eyes melted in their sockets and your body turned inside-out and burst into flames. On our way out the door, we would tread upon the ashes and crunch the few remaining fragments of bone under our heels and grin in sinister delight. On second thought, let me give you the address. Do you have a pen?

WHAT?!

CSR: I have Mr. (CUSTOMER) on the line wishing to cancel because he no longer needs the phone.
    ME: Okay, bring him on through.
    CSR: Okay, honey, just a moment. MMMM-AH! Bye.

It’s bad enough being hit on by customers, now CSR’s too? You’re lucky you work in a different call center, or I’d have been there in 2 seconds to stomp your head in. Maybe I should change my greeting to “Hi, this is Kara, how can I help you with my lesbian super powers today?”

Point A to Point B in a circle

ME: So your account is canceled as of today. Your final bill will be $XXX and will be due on XX/XX.
    SW: Wait. This isn’t making sense. You're talking in circles.

I’m sorry, I should have anticipated you getting lost and drawn you a map. I have some yellow notebook paper. It’s ugly as hell, but that’s the only kind of notepad they supply us with. I have a pink highlighter. But by the time I could mail it to you, you’d probably wander off and get devoured by wild geese. Maybe you should try MapQuest or hire an Indian guide (no, that’s not very PC. I grew up watching John Wayne with my daddy, so Native Americans will alwas be Indians and drunk, gunslinging bigots will always be cowboys).

Thanks for playing

ME: Hi this is Kara, how can I help you today (with lesbian super powers!)?
    SW: Um… Can we start?

That would be the implication from my greeting, yes. I suppose we wouldn’t be required to. If you’d like to just stand there eating Jello pudding pops and watching Jerry Springer while I play gameboy, that’s fine. Just turn it up when the cross-dressing midget pimp’s ex-girlfriend comes in and starts yelling and punching his neo-nazi ballerina trailer trash fiancée so I can hear it.

On grammar

ME: So you want to cancel the second line?
    SM: Yes. But not this one I’m talking on. I just want to cancelize the other one.
    ME: *coughgiggle* Okay, ahem, we can cancel that line only. Is there any particular reason you want to cancel it?
    SM: Yeah, because I just activated it the other day and my parents won’t let me have a second line.

I should point out that this man is 27 years old. Between that fact and use of the word “cancelize” there’s really nothing more I can add to make this any more pathetic or humorous.
    Last edited by Kara; 08-27-2007, 09:38 PM.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Quoth Kara_CS View Post

I should point out that this man is 27 years old. Between that fact and use of the word “cancelize” there’s really nothing more I can add to make this any more pathetic or humorous.
    Hmmmm.....I think I work with him.
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
      Maybe you should try MapQuest or hire an Indian guide (no, that’s not very PC. I grew up watching John Wayne with my daddy, so Native Americans will alwas be Indians and drunk, gunslinging bigots will always be cowboys).
      Depending on the tribe or organization, many Indians prefer to be called American Indians, because anyone born in America would be a Native American, and it sets them apart.

And then there are the Indian cowboys (and cowgirls):

http://indianrodeonews.com/
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
        I just want to cancelize the other one.
        I once had a woman tell me she was going to 'explicify' something for me. I think she had explain & clarify confused, so she just combined the words to make it fit her own little reality. She used that word 3-4 times in the course of our conversation.
        That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Sonoma View Post
          I once had a woman tell me she was going to 'explicify' something for me. I think she had explain & clarify confused, so she just combined the words to make it fit her own little reality. She used that word 3-4 times in the course of our conversation.
          Ahhhh....yes. It's alway so special when the SCs start making up their own words!
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

"cancelize" hehe. I have GOT to find a use for that.
            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS
              lesbian super powers
              SO THAT'S WHY GAYS AND LESBIANS ARE BEING OPPRESSED!
              Us straight people are afraid of being zapped/thrown into space/telekenesis'd!
              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                There is no party here. Trust me, you don’t want to be here, among the customer service folk. The sum of our hatred radiates throughout our call center like a miasma of death. If you set foot in here, you would know what true madness is, moments before your eyes melted in their sockets and your body turned inside-out and burst into flames. On our way out the door, we would tread upon the ashes and crunch the few remaining fragments of bone under our heels and grin in sinister delight. On second thought, let me give you the address. Do you have a pen?
                Holy Shite! and I thought I hated my job and had a demented mind. Hip horray for me, I'm now only the number 2 psychopath in the world!

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                I just want to cancelize the other one.
                You had to be talking to Cletus from The Simpsons... please tell me it was Cletus, I don't want to believe that this could be a real person and not a fictional character.
                D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                  Depending on the tribe or organization, many Indians prefer to be called American Indians, because anyone born in America would be a Native American, and it sets them apart.

And then there are the Indian cowboys (and cowgirls):

http://indianrodeonews.com/
                  Ugh...too confusing...I just use 'Native Americans' because all the others have roots in other countries and it's easy to just use two words rather than being forced to use seven million words or a long hyphenated too-PC sentence.
                  "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                    Ahhhh....yes. It's alway so special when the SCs start making up their own words!
                    First it'll be a few words . . . then it'll be a whole language . . .
                    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
                      First it'll be a few words . . . then it'll be a whole language . . .
                      There is. It's called "Complaining".
                      Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
                        Holy Shite! and I thought I hated my job and had a demented mind. Hip horray for me, I'm now only the number 2 psychopath in the world!
                        Actually, I think Gravekeeper has the number 1 spot...then Kara, so you get the bronze

I'm loving the word "explicify"

I have a college friend who's been known to make up words...one of our favorites was "effectful"
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                          ME: Hi this is Kara, how can I help you today (with lesbian super powers!)?
                          lol are there any other powers that any where nears as cool?

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                            lol are there any other powers that any where nears as cool?
                            sigh...and us straight girls only have our "feminine wiles"...doesn't sound quite so intimidating...
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS
                              how can I help you with my lesbian super powers today?
                              I'm REALLY contemplating if I can get away with using that on the line neck time Captain Anti-America calls, and if not if its worth being written up for.

Comment

Working...
                              X