This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...did you just call me SIR?

I'm used to madam, though it makes me feel old, and every other thing they could call me.
    But as the customer was taking her stuff away I am CERTAIN she said 'thankyou, sir'.

Urrrmmm....
    Woman, here? You know, with womany bits? I'm skinny and small chested but not that much so. Waist-length hair (yes, I know, plenty of men have waist length hair, my boy did for a while. But not many of them have it cut in long layers with bits shaped around the face)? Feminine face?... Urrrmmm... genreally, qutie female looking? Ok, no makeup and I looked a little zombified due to too much weekend fun, but still.

Not a sir, in other words.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

I get called Ma'am all the time, I have no idea why. I have a deep voice, doesn't really sound like a typical women, but I do deal with the brightest people, so they might know something that I dont.

Comment

I'd like a large order of Womany Bits™ and a Sierra Mist please.
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Sorry, we're all out of womany bits.
        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
          I'd like a large order of Womany Bits™ and a Sierra Mist please.
          Well, if you really want some, they do have a procedure for that...
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I watched a documentary where you saw in detail that procedure taking part. Also, the other way round.

Ow.

Comment

Had one of these four days ago.

Now, I really look like a girl. Long hair, make-up, big...uh.....you know.......yeah...girl.

I was at the till and wearing a tank top as I am working at another shop at the moment so I do not wear uniform. Long hair+make-up+big...uh...+tank top+ (forgot this one) pretty rings and a diamond necklace= GIRL!

Old lady says what I decipher as "excuse me, Sir". I excuse this as my not hearing her correctly. Then, as we finish, she says "thank you, Sir". I said "um...." and she said "I mean Miss".

WTF? Twice? I felt very butch for the rest of the day.
              "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Comment

Yeah, just got that last friday. I'm short n curvy and wear the baseball cap of our uniform (seeing as the lil sissy hat hurts like a bleepin' bleeper).

I was scanning bread and I heard "Sir? Sir?" Behind me. I figure a guy's running off with her groceries, so I don't pay attention. "Sir? SIR??" Then a customer right besides me chimes in "Uh, I think that's a ma'am."
                First customer insists and now TAPS on my shoulder "SIIIIR??!!"

I turn around and look straight at her. She goes "Ohmygod it's a ma'am!!"

I do the first thing that came to mind.
                THIS:

I literally stuck my tongue out at her.

Luckily, she doubled over laughing.

Still, I'm not THAT manly looking, I'm super curvy without being fat and I got a nice curly ponytail held with a cute red elastic with stars...
                Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Oh my god, WHShit, don't say, "Had one of these four days ago," after a post about sex changing procedures.

Comment

Used to work with a great assistant manager. She was lesbian, and proclaimed it loud and proud (which got on TK's nerves, but that's beside the point). She has... 34D's, I think... she posts about them all the time on her blog... and constantly gets 'sir'red.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Eeeegh, I'm now painfully reminded of a foot-in-the-mouth moment. Skinny east Asian 6" tall teenager with a mullet and a deep voice, dressed in a sports jersey, baggy shorts and sneakers came up to ask me if a particular pair of shoes would meet their employer's safety requirements.

Me: Well, yes, but actually those are ladies' shoes.
                      Teenager: Umm, I'm a girl.
                      Me: ...
                      Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

I got called ma'am once, when I called the doctors office. On the phone, I have a deeper voice, then I do in person
                        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                          I got called ma'am once, when I called the doctors office. On the phone, I have a deeper voice, then I do in person
                          Gah... bad flashbacks to call center work.

Most callers you could tell right off, and most you were unsure of you could fudge until you got their account details, which would give you a first and last name. But sometimes their name wasn't the name on the account, or the name was unhelpful, and you had one of those voices you just couldn't be sure of...

And then the inevitable day when you're wrong, and all the ugliness that follows...
                          Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth WHShit View Post
                            Had one of these four days ago.

Now, I really look like a girl. Long hair, make-up, big...uh.....you know.......yeah...girl.
                            You know, right after the post about sex change, I read this as if you had one of these operations, and now really looked like a girl...

Damn, must be tired

I've been called sir once, by an old man who tapped my shoulder to ask the time. But I was wearing jeans, matching jacket (male model since I have broad shoulders) and combat boots, with my hair in a plain ponytail, so I guess I could have been a guy.

But then I turned around and he noticed my D-cups... then he quickly scurried away without waiting for me to tell him what time it was

Comment

Quoth GyroKat View Post
                              But then I turned around and he noticed my D-cups... then he quickly scurried away without waiting for me to tell him what time it was

I've had similar situations like the one you were in.

It doesn't help that my voice gets deeper when I'm tired, sick and/or dehydrated.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X