This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer threatened to close her account today and other nonsense

I am not sure if she closed it but it was busy as hell today and she wanted to deposit her mother's SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK into her own account which doesn't have her mother's name on it. I tell her that and she gives me the whole, "i have been doing this for years" So I ask another teller cause maybe she knew her. Even she says no! So I tell her and she tells me that she is going to close her account. Well, if you are closing yoru account for THAT then you must be hiding SOMETHING. Cause she could have asked for a manager but nope. I tell her that tellers are not supposed to do it anyways. She says, "bologna!" Great comeback lady! I don't care if she closes the account, one less person ripping off the company for her own selfish needs. If a manager comes over to me and asks me why I didn't deposit it, I will tell her that these government have given me so much trouble so I said, screw it.

Backstory- I have had three checks that got returned and is THISCLOSE to being fired so screw that, if its not your check, no cash, no deposit! Yes I am paranoid but customers will ruin our lives without even knowing it.

Its mostly my fault but drive up got backed up because i had a problem with a check. Get this, the customer wanted me to cash a 2747.00 check that was made payable to SOMEBODY ELSE and deposit it into an account! I told her no cause he has to be here.

It gets better, after a few customers, one customer HAD to ask for a deposit slip. I said okay. The idiot just sits there (WE ARE BACKED UP AS IT IS!). I am looking at him shaking my head. I send the tube up and I said to myself, "this guy is wasting my time". Believe me, the intercom was NOT on. So when the guy sends the tube up, he writes on the deposit slip ( which I threw away and wrote out a new one), "sorry for "wasting" your time. How the hell did he know what I had said? I can't even hear them when they talk at basically air! Granted, I should have kept my mouth shut and done my job.

Jeez, you can't win for losing.

Comment

we were jammed at the bank today because of paydays, SS coming through, and holiday on Monday..

I wish I could tell our customers that if they don't have all of their materials prepared or available at the drive-thru, they must park and come inside. I have yet to sell my manager on that idea. He says it's bad for business.

I wish I could tell him that's why the line is so long and to just implement my advice.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
        I am sorry but what's that mean?

Comment

I've never seen drive up banking here in Canada. Drive up ATMs yes, not banks.

What an odd concept. Honestly, when dealing with money matters I usually WANT to into the bank where I can focus on whatever I need to get done rather than worry about the jackass behind me yelling at me to hurry up.

Comment

Well, it doesn't help that the line inside the bank is backed up as well.

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
              Well, it doesn't help that the line inside the bank is backed up as well.
              heh, i'd still rather go inside. i hate drive-thrus of any kind and only use them when absolutely necessary...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
                What an odd concept. Honestly, when dealing with money matters I usually WANT to into the bank where I can focus on whatever I need to get done rather than worry about the jackass behind me yelling at me to hurry up.
                It depends. For depositing a few checks or some cash, I fill out my deposit slip, make sure everything's signed, and it's a quick trip through the drive through. There's no fuss with a transaction like that, and no stress. (Partially because I only deposit checks made out to me >_> ) However, if I were taking out a huge amount of money or did not have a deposit slip on me or anything...yeah, I wouldn't want to feel like I was stopping up the drive through line either.

Comment

It gets better, after a few customers, one customer HAD to ask for a deposit slip. I said okay. The idiot just sits there (WE ARE BACKED UP AS IT IS!). I am looking at him shaking my head. I send the tube up and I said to myself, "this guy is wasting my time". Believe me, the intercom was NOT on. So when the guy sends the tube up, he writes on the deposit slip ( which I threw away and wrote out a new one), "sorry for "wasting" your time. How the hell did he know what I had said?
                  Maybe he was a lip reader.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Yeah, that's what I thought and I should kept my mouth shut but everything was so stressful especially with that one customer with that one check and it doesn't help that my computer froze twice and it was 15 minutes till close!

I know, not a good excuse!

Comment

Yeah, that's what I thought and I should kept my mouth shut but everything was so stressful <snip>
                      I know, not a good excuse!
                      Awwwwwwww, don't feel too bad. Everyone has a bad day. :comforting pats: there, there™®
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        i hate drive-thrus of any kind and only use them when absolutely necessary...
                        Same here, of course, it doesn't help that the driver's side of any car is on my bad side!
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I am sorry but what's that mean?
                          "I can't win for losing."

This means that even if you were in a contest for losing contests, you wouldn't win. It just means your luck is pretty cruddy. My dad says it all the time.
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Okay, still don't know what that means. Thanks for telling me, though.

Well, other nonsense today. A woman wanted to cash a 900 dollar check and she didn't have an account. so i checked for the signature and whoop-tee-doo, the signatures did not match. Online the customer signed her full name and the sig on the check was just a scribble which ANYBODY can do. So I asked another teller to help me cause maybe she can scare the customer away. Nope, the customer just stood there and she kept asking "is there anything wrong?" I kept saying no cause if I did say yes, she would get mad. Even my coworker said no. She then gives me bull crap story about how she has the letter and the envelope that had the check in it. I DID not believe a word she said. Cause frankly, how do I know that SHE wrote this letter? I still said no. She even told me to look up their account to see if they cashed other checks that belonged to her. (which was crap btw, i saw no checks in her name)

I told her that's private information. She finally left after that.

I felt so RELIEVED after that. My instincts said no and I listened to them. Its on another teller if they cash it and it comes back. NOT ME!

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                              What Dreams May Come? *kinda*

Comment

Working...
                              X