This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restaurant SCs and Trust Fund Babies

Even though I've left BBuy (for now), I still have to deal with customers in the fun and fast-paced world of academia (I'm a TA at a rather large university that attracts all kinds of rich, spoiled brats. FUN!)

Tonight I was home for labor day and my mom and I went to one of my favorite restaurants, a place we can rarely go to (It's a bit pricy) except on special occassiones. It's a nice Japanese steakhouse where the food is grilled right before you by the chef, and it's YUMMY! OH MAN IS IT YUMMY! At any rate, across from us was a family of SCs and a couple of SCs. The family consisted of Mama SC, Daddy SC, and little Baby SC (who was 7 or 8). They proceeded to treat the waitress (whose first language was NOT English) as if she were a complete moron and all but screamed at her when she wanted to double check about their order. Then the soup and salads came....

*Waitress is putting soup/salad on the table*
    Baby SC: OH NO! I DON'T WANT THAT! MAMA TELL HER I DON'T WANT THAT!
    Mama and Dadddy SC: ...

And then the chef comes to the table to cook the meal. The entire time, he's interacting with the SC family, particularly the kid. When it came time for him to put food on our plates, however, we all learned that Baby SC didn't want to at least try the stuff.

Baby SC: Mama I don't want it! I don't like it!
    Mama SC: But you haven't even tried it yet! And he cooked it just for you!
    Baby SC: I DON'T WANT IT! I DON'T WANT IT!

Even the chef was trying to get the kid to at least eat it. No such luck. The whole meal it was like this. Why in the hell would you bring a kid to that type of restaurant, anyway? They had to have spent $90, and the kid barely ate a thing, yet still managed to disturb the meals of others AND the whole family ended up offending the waitress and the chef. Good job, SCs.

And now we get to the fun of my students, recently graduated from high school and out on their own. Many of them will be the first to announce that their daddy is on the Board of Trustees for the university...and their daddy donated $999,999,999 to the university...and their daddy met their mommy here...and that all this immediately qualifies them for an A in the course.

...Er....yeah. Not so much.

One day my faculty mentor asked me to take roll for her, as she was helping other students do something else. No prob. I ask them to respond in Spanish when I call their names (This is Spanish 101), which doesn't seem too outlandish, does it (Speaking Spanish in a Spanish class...fancy that!). So this goes on for a few minutes, with some students responding and others not. Again, I repeat the instructions, thinking maybe I wasn't clear...and then Daddy's Baby(TM) pipes up.

Me: Ok, guys! When I call your name, please say "Aquí" o "Presente" (Both are Spanish for "Here").
    DB(TM): OR I can jus say whatever I want.
    Me:

Yeah...academia is a lot of fun. -_-

(talking over DB(TM)): Anyone not replying in said fashion will be marked absent. 3 absences will result in uncontested removal from this course.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
      (talking over DB(TM)): Anyone not replying in said fashion will be marked absent. 3 absences will result in uncontested removal from this course.
      DB(TM): You can't do that! I'm a double legacy!

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
        DB(TM): You can't do that! I'm a double legacy!
        Sorry there, Flounder but you're now on Double Secret Probation.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth WorkAtBBuy View Post
          ...Even the chef was trying to get the kid to at least eat it. No such luck. The whole meal it was like this. Why in the hell would you bring a kid to that type of restaurant, anyway? They had to have spent $90, and the kid barely ate a thing, yet still managed to disturb the meals of others AND the whole family ended up offending the waitress and the chef. Good job, SCs. ...
          It's all in the upbringing. My (currently) 6 and 7 year olds have been eating in Japanese restaurants for a couple of years now. Never any problems. They even pick out their own sushi (and eat it too!).

--Dave

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
            Sorry there, Flounder but you're now on Double Secret Probation.
            Doesn't that usually involve frozen water ballons, Elmer's glue and cat litter?
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              Doesn't that usually involve frozen water ballons, Elmer's glue and cat litter?
              All that and Cheetos.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Around here we call them Trustifarians - the trust fund kids who pretend to be all hippie dippy - they argue about being marked down for absences when they were off at a protest (or at a Phish concert in Vegas).

Comment

Quoth Dave0523 View Post
                  It's all in the upbringing. My (currently) 6 and 7 year olds have been eating in Japanese restaurants for a couple of years now. Never any problems. They even pick out their own sushi (and eat it too!).

--Dave
                  wow, i'm impressed...i'm almost thirty-hrmmm and i won't eat sushi :
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth WorkAtBBuy View Post

Yeah...academia is a lot of fun. -_-
                    Welcome to my Hell...err...World.
                    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
                      All that and Cheetos.
                      You and your Cheetos.

Now I want some.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                        You and your Cheetos.

Now I want some.
                        I like my Cheetos like I prefer my man . . Flaming Hot.

Comment

Rowr, DG...Rowr.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Ooooo, something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving

"Thank you, oh thank you, that I live in little piss on Midwest Wisconsin, where the rich kids' are like my ex roomate, late in life only children, who get brand new cars and their entire college tuition paid for, but no Bentleys and no trust funds"
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Dave0523 View Post
                              They even pick out their own sushi (and eat it too!).
                              How did you manage that? My brother and I have been trying to get our parents to try sushi since before we moved to Texas, and they just won't do it.
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                              X