This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um...I got that part....

Bit of background, I work at a mom-and-pop lingerie store in Utah. It's the only other lingerie store besides Victoria's Secret in the mall, and we have a wide selection for most tastes and body types.

So yesterday, I'm sitting behind the counter reading (it's a small store, and not very busy, so the bosses don't really care what we do, as long as we're helpful to customers) when a young woman comes in.

SC- stupid customer
    Me- um, duh

SC: Do you guys still have those little thongs you used to sell? (Note, we have a LOT of thongs in all shapes and sizes.)
    Me: Well, I'll need you to be a bit more specific than that.
    SC: (making a 50 cent piece sized triangle with her fingers) Well, it's like, small.
    Me: Do you know what color it is?
    SC: (breezily) Oh, any color's fine.
    I pull out one of your cheapo "fashion thongs" that we sometimes give away free for promotions.
    Me: Was it this?
    SC: No, it was smaller than that.
    Me: (giving up) Well, unless you can give me any more information, I really can't find it for you.
    SC: So you don't have it then? Okay, thanks!

Well, at least she thanked me.

Please, please, never pair the phrase "Mom and Pop" with "lingerie" again...

(It's even worse than you think: in my family, our mother was "Mom" as you might expect, but our father was "Dad". "Pop" was *his* father)
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Lol. Techinically, that's what the store is, but most of my friends get upset when I say that.

Comment

Working...
      X