This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new low for SCs

My store used to be called "Ross & Sons". This was confusing to many because Boss#1 (the brother) has three sisters. Their dad (the Owner) was one of the original sons. Last week, one of his brothers died, today was the funeral.

All day long, as I was stocking and waiting on Paint customers, I could hear customers who wanted to speak to one of them.

At first, they were told they were "unavailable". When that didn't work, they were informed the family was at a funeral.

For some, they took the hint, but there were many who still had to speak to them and actually wanted someone to call them on their cell phone at a funeral for their uncle/brother!

And what was worse, after the funeral, they did let some SCs call them.

Oh and what was so urgent?

Farmers who wanted to ask questions about planting their seed. You know, the stuff they do for a living, every year.
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

It's all about priorities, you know.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I don't know about anybody else here, but if a customer just had to call me with an asinine question such as that while I was at a funeral of a close family member, I'd be half tempted to rip that customer a new one!

That's so disrespectful. I mean, if I heard that the proprietor of an establishment was off attending a funeral, I might ask when he/she would be back, but I'd also tell the employee to offer my condolences to the family and tell the employee that whatever matter I had to take to the manager could wait until after the funeral.

But to call somebody at a funeral (be it before or immediately after)... That's lower than low.
      Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

So I guess it really is true. There's no such thing as common decency amongst humans any more.
        Total surrender
        Your touch is so tender
        Your skin is like water on a burning beach
        And it brings me relief
        "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Working...
        X