This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Bob. Get the hell out.

Two guys come in. They are looking at the Coke-Cola products.
    For FORTY-FIVE minutes they stared at it. All the LONG time, One of them went ranting on to /Bob/. What do you want Bob. No Bob, we had that last week. But Bob, that's gross, oh that is a good choice but only have in one Liters. Just ON AND ON AND ON AND ON. I never heard Bob talk. I finally snapped since they weren't answering when I asked politley during this time if they needed help.

"Pick your gawdamn soda already bob!"

They finally decided on a single 20 oz bottle of coke.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

See, I feel this might be the post to explain who Bob is.

Bob is...well...he's...He's my penis.

So...yeah. Why these two guys were talking to him, I have no clue.
    Unless they've named theirs the same thing. But even then, I've never asked my...you know...for a drink.
    It just ain't right.
    "Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is." - Steve Martin

Comment

Hmm, was one tall, and the other kinda overweight, with a beard and a big coat? And did the kinda tall one say "Snoochy boochies" or anything like that?
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Coca-Cola used to have cocaine (or coca?) extract of some sort. perhaps they were debating if modern coke has it.

Comment

Coca-Cola used to have cocaine in it. Yeah, I know ... I'm the Queen of Useless Knowledge.

Comment

It also used to be marketed at medicine, not a beverage. Things change over time.
            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
              Coca-Cola used to have cocaine in it. Yeah, I know ... I'm the Queen of Useless Knowledge.
              And use to be green.... But the bottles still say "original formula".

Comment

*thwaps her forehead, ouchies* Oh yeah, that's true too. I think that's why it had cocaine in it. Cocaine was one of the "wonder" drugs of the turn of the century - everyone was doing - Sherlock Holmes even did it along with other drugs - 'cos you know, if fictional characters do something, then it's okies to do it in real life.*

*hopes those reading this will recognize sarcasm when they see it.

Comment

Actually it was mroe common even than that. I've read lists of recommended supplies for outfitting a covered wagon to follow the Oregon/California/Santa Fe trail, and they often brought along a mason jar full of cocaine for toothaches and other ailments.
                  Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Yes, you will see Original Formula - or Classic.
                    If you remember a few years back (ok more than a few but I don't want to feel old today so shhhhhhhhh) They tried to make it taste more like the soda that comes in a red white and blue can - and called it "New Coke"
                    It was a major flop.
                    Ergo they went back to the "original" or "classic" formula.

(I still think that one of the coolest product placements in a movie is in the Leo and Claire version of Romeo and Juliet - the La Amour sign - that looks like a Coca Cola sign)

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                      the La Amour sign - that looks like a Coca Cola sign)
                      I'm fairly certain that's a directorial trademark. Baz Luhrman used it again in Moulin Rouge. IMDB backs that up on the Trivia for Moulin Rouge.
                      </such a movie nerd>
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                        And use to be green.... But the bottles still say "original formula".
                        Actually...not...

Snopes has a whole page of "Cokelore" myths. More of them are false than true...
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
                          Actually it was mroe common even than that. I've read lists of recommended supplies for outfitting a covered wagon to follow the Oregon/California/Santa Fe trail, and they often brought along a mason jar full of cocaine for toothaches and other ailments.
                          Whoa! Now I know why all my guys died when I tried to play Oregon Trail! I forgot the cocaine!
                          Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.

Comment

Quoth Bobsentme View Post
                            See, I feel this might be the post to explain who Bob is.

Bob is...well...he's...He's my penis.

So...yeah. Why these two guys were talking to him, I have no clue.
                            Unless they've named theirs the same thing. But even then, I've never asked my...you know...for a drink.
                            It just ain't right.
                            .... the levels of not-right in this post are beyond my ability to coherently respond...

Quoth Emrld View Post
                            They tried to make it taste more like the soda that comes in a red white and blue can - and called it "New Coke"
                            It was a major flop.
                            Ergo they went back to the "original" or "classic" formula.
                            Actually, the only reason "New Coke" flopped was because of brand loyalty, of all things. Every single blind taste test they ever did had the overwhelming majority of tasters pick the new variant over the old.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                            X