X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    you get dressed on your day off???
    Well, when the front wall of your apartment is nothing but a huge plate glass window, it's either put clothes on or flash the neighbor kids every time the cat goes and shuffles through the vertical blinds.

... and then there's the days off when you do stuff like laundry, shopping, movies, bowling, what have you...

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I will on occasion ask employees on the store floor if they know where a particular item is located, but I do it knowing full well they may not have a clue.

And if that's the case, I don't bite their head off over it, I usually go try and find it myself (because supermarkets aren't THAT big) or ask someone else.

Comment

you get dressed on your day off???
        Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Well, when the front wall of your apartment is nothing but a huge plate glass window, it's either put clothes on or flash the neighbor kids every time the cat goes and shuffles through the vertical blinds.

... and then there's the days off when you do stuff like laundry, shopping, movies, bowling, what have you...

^-.-^
        When you have to go outside the house, say to take some stuff out to store in the building, I'd feel better wearing actual clothes rather than my jammies.

Besides, I never know if I have to make a quick run to the store for something.

I'd just stay in the house au naturel, but with 2 others in the house that'd be kinda awkward.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
          When you have to go outside the house, say to take some stuff out to store in the building, I'd feel better wearing actual clothes rather than my jammies.
          But I thought jammies was "the style" these days
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

's what I wear to the store on my days off. As long as I'm only going to be out for less than an hour. Longer than that and I'll bite the bullet and put on "real clothes."
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
              I'd just stay in the house au naturel, but with 2 others in the house that'd be kinda awkward.
              I'd say that's one of the best things about being in the apartment: No roommates.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                I'd say that's one of the best things about being in the apartment: No roommates.

^-.-^
                Which is why my standards for an apartment are going to be thus
                1. In-building laundry facilities
                2. Cheap enough that I can afford it on my own.
                3. Big enough to keep a good sized bed, and a computer desk, and a half dozen bookcases.
                4. A bus stop within 2 blocks.

Listed in order from most to least important.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth RammsteinGirl View Post
                  At Kmart, if you're out on the floor and a customer asks you where an item is, you're supposed to walk them to it, even if it's not your department.
                  Hah, when I worked at Home Depot, it was the same way too. But did I ever do it?

NO. Not once.

My justification?

If I were to walk every single idiot customer to ever single item (s)he needed, I would get stuck in that department, and it would start a never-ending journey from department to department...THEN I would be yelled at for not being in my department!

It was a stupid rule and I never once followed it, except if my department was already well-staffed (which was, like, NEVER). I would just point to where it was and tell them which aisle, how far down, and in which direction. Only if they wanted me to walk them there, would I do so, gladly.

Comment

I've seen that become quite a fashion, however I've never considered myself to be a slave to fashion.

I'd be moritfied to show up in a store in jammies . . . t-shirt and sweats, yeah. I can see that.

And don't forget real shoes . . . not bedroom slippers. Just Ewwwwwwwwww, espeically that scraping sound they make on the floor.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth hotelnpa View Post
                      But most places do have those signs above (or near) each aisle indicating what is down each row. Oh yeah...SC's don't read!
                      Oh, lord...one of the stores by Bella's apartment has the signs...in the middle of the aisle. Boy, I didn't like it. Not one little bit.

Quoth trunks2k View Post
                      I don't understand why people have such a problem finding items in the grocery store. Every grocery store groups items together essentially the same way.

Canned tomatoes? In the same aisle as the pasta.

Rice? In with ethnic foods.

Spices? Usually in the same aisle as the baking stuff.

Sugar? Next to the flour.

Pickles? Same aisle as the ketchup.
                      Don't forget that all stores don't have the aisles in the same order.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I've only once ever asked a grocery store employee where an item was. And the item in question was stocked in a place I would never have thought to look. (I don't remember what it was, but I could understand why they put it where they did, but there were other places that would have made more sense)

Otherwise, if I don't know the store layout, I just cruise from one side to the other. Luckily I'm tall enough that when they do the markers in the middle of the aisles (only need one that way, plus, they tend to be visible from further away), I can see three or four over as well as the one I'm near.

^-.-^

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                          Don't forget that all stores don't have the aisles in the same order.
                          Yeah, I know, but it's easy to just walk down the aisles and glance at the general category of stuff is in them. I.E. Boxes of cereal usually take up a half to a whole side of an aisle. If you see the boxes of cereal, that's where you'll find things like granola bars.

Comment

Working...
                          X