X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The case of the customer with the short-term memory issue

2006 Jan 05 ----- $240.00 ----- Visa ----- Annual business fees
    Spoke with customer today, said she would like a business plan, said she would pay for the entire year up front. -Mango

2006 Feb 09 ----- $-200.00 ----- Visa ----- Annual business fees
    Customer called and claimed to have requested to pay monthly. Issued refund. -Mango

2006 Mar 01 ----- $20.00 ----- Visa ----- Monthly business fees

2006 Apr 01 ----- $20.00 ----- Visa ----- Monthly business fees

2006 Apr 15 ----- $160.00 ----- Visa ----- Annual business fees
    Customer called today, very upset. Says her accountant is looking over her credit card statement and can't figure out why she was charged $240, refunded $200, then charged $20 twice. Says that the agent she talked to before didn't know what he was doing. Told her I was the agent she spoke with before and pulled my notes from the previous calls. Asked customer if she wanted me to pull the call recordings. Customer said that would not be necessary; I should just charge her for the remainder of the year today. Customer informed me that next year she'll just pay by cheque in order to avoid all the hassle. -Mango

2006 Dec 01
    Issued customer invoice for $240. Made a note on the invoice that payment was by cheque only. Doubt that customer will renew; seemed very upset last I talked to her. -Mango

2006 Dec 20 ----- $240.00 ----- Cheque ----- Annual business fees
    Wow. -Mango

2007 Nov 02 ----- $118.93 ----- Cheque ----- ???
    Does anybody know why this customer sent this cheque? There was no invoice or paperwork or anything. -Mango
    Last edited by Mango; 11-02-2007, 11:58 PM.

Um.... wow.... yeah... that's... a niiice lady. Eeeeeeeugh.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

So, she pays for a year, gets angry, gets a refund for the unused part, and then starts paying monthly? She made a flippant, offhand remark about paying the whole year at once next year, and you bill her for it before the new year... and then, she sends you a random check for no reason?
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
        she sends you a random check for no reason?
        If you don't want it, I'll take it.

Comment

I had a similar case today.

Guy wanted to be compensated about 32k worth of points because he'd been overcharged.

Despite the foggyness of the flu (I had a HUGE migrane and was congested like hell) I managed to diffuse the situation and avoid compensation.

"Sir, I do see that there were a total of three rooms rented for the weekend of October 27th; two units for two nights and an additional evening booked during the stay. It was the THIRD unit that is worth 18k. The reservation with your guest was for two nights, not one and that's where the over-charge confusion comes to play. Again, you had three units, two for two evenings and an additional single. It comes for a grand total of 162k-- and with the VIP discount of booking reservations at 30 days or less, you actually paid 133k points."

The guy paused, deflated and said "oh, that's right. I forgot."

Then I had two minutes peace where I debated wether I should go home or stay for the last two hours of work before my next call.
          "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Working...
          X