This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yay for crank calls

I got my first crank call of the month today (it took 4 days this month, that's actually a record for short... our hotels screen out most of them)

me- "reservation desk, good afternoon, this is smileyeagle speaking, may i ask with whom I have the pleasure of speaking with?"
    sc- "yes, what are your rates tonight"
    i know this person won't book, he's calling a new york location, and if the first question you ask is how much, well my good sir, you won't be able to afford it"
    me- "how many will need to stay in the room"
    sc- "one person, i need non smoking"
    me- "unfortunately I don't have any nonsmoking available, but i still have a king bed in smoking (normally I would do the sales spiel, but i decided screw it this guy won't book anyway) and that's at $289 (ish)"
    sc- "great I'll book it"
    I collect his information, verify his stay, then this happens
    me- "can I get the credit card number you would like to use to reserve the room"
    sc- "i'm paying cash"
    me- "i'm sorry, but i need a credit card to reserve rooms" (not adding so that we don't reserve rooms to cranks)
    sc- "but i'm getting my septic tank removed"
    me- "i'm not sure what that has to do with the reservation, I need that card number"
    sc- "well, just use your credit card, i'll pay you cash when I get there"
    me- "i cannot do that, i need your credit card"
    ... and add variations of that ad nauseum,

actually come to think of it, i can't tell if this was a crank that was trying to screw us by having us hold a room we wouldn't get paid for, or if he's just a jackass.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Use YOUR credit card?! Yeah, sure buddy...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I've gotten one crank call in my history of working, It was some adolescent who first asked me how old I was, then asked if he could "hit it."

Chances are that guy was just a jackass.

Crank callers, the poster children for maturity...
      Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Once I had someone call in with one of those soundboards you find on the internet that has clips of movie dialog you can string together to make a crank call.

However the guy who called me was overflowing with fail and used the same clip 2 or 3 times in a row so I knew it was a crank right off the bat.
        "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
          I've gotten one crank call in my history of working, It was some adolescent who first asked me how old I was, then asked if he could "hit it."

Chances are that guy was just a jackass.

Crank callers, the poster children for maturity...
          not as bad as my crank call was the guy who asked me if the beds could handle the weight of 4 guys "wrestling around"... when i told him that I didn't actually know, he invited me to test it...

Comment

I have decided, I hate the 4th day of the month... I got my first crank call of this month today... this time it was from a "miss harry dik" residing at "123 balls in your mouth ave"... can I just call in sick every 4th day of the month from now on...

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              not as bad as my crank call was the guy who asked me if the beds could handle the weight of 4 guys "wrestling around"... when i told him that I didn't actually know, he invited me to test it...
              A good response to this one is: "Well, I know from personal experience it can handle four women bouncing up and down, but I wouldn't know about guys. Let me ask my coworker Bubba. Please hold."
              "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X