This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running into SC's on your day off...

On my days off, when I have nothing to do, I go to the one sorry little shopping center in the bumblefuck town where I live. Now, there are some unwashed, rat bastard locals who love to loiter outside the seedy dollar store, and when they see me, they often love to bellow,
    "Gimme a double cheeseburger and fries!"
    And then they proceed to laugh at their witticism. Ugh. Yeah, Cletus, real brilliant there. Being a drone at McDonald's is the only facet of my identity!
    It doesn't bother me as much as it used to, though... mainly cuz my last day at that hellpit is November 12th!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!!
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Quoth Marxfan View Post
    It doesn't bother me as much as it used to, though... mainly cuz my last day at that hellpit is November 12th!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!!
    You seem sad about that...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Oh, yes, I'm crushed, simply devastated.

Comment

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel!
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Ahh the good old days of McDonald's...

The wonderful customers, smelling like grease and french fries for hours after your shift was over, the unsupportive managers, the annoying children.

McDonald's: it's not just a job, it's a career!

Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

i occasionally run in to customers on my days off, one sc really didnt like me much, and i ran in to him while walking in to the grocery store, he just glared at me as if i were the most evil person alive.

so a few days later he comes in for his issue (he claimed his brake job was in warranty when it wasnt, and was complaning about it to every one who would listen he even called the bbb on it.) he comes in to the store and starts yelling at me, and i tell him rather calmly that he does not need to treat me in such a manner, i did nothing to warrant him yelling at me in such a way, and if he didnt stop i would call lp to have him taken away.

he kept telling me that he wasnt yelling at me, (yah he wasnt yelling yet i had 4 customers walk away while he wasnt yelling at me and one even said they were scared for my saftey and was about to kick his ass even though he had to be in his 80's)

a few days later he came back in and appoligized for his behavior and that he didnt realize that he was that out of hand. and he came in just to tell me that. which i thought was nice of him but at the same time i thought saying your sorry will not make things better on my end.
            "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

If someone gives you a sincere apology, you should accept it. That's all they can really do to make it up to you, and it takes a lot of guts to humble yourself before someone you have wronged.

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
                McDonald's: it's not just a job, it's a career McJob!
                Fixed that for you.
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

McDonald's: it's not just a job, it's a career McJob Sentence!
                  Doubly-fixed.
                  Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

McDonald's: it's not just a job, it's a career McJob Sentence hell on earth!
                    I've been fixing on the posts...all the live long day....
                    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth queenbb View Post
                      a few days later he came back in and appoligized for his behavior and that he didnt realize that he was that out of hand. and he came in just to tell me that.
                      That was very good of him, and so rare to experience.

I have NEVER had an SC apologize to me.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                        If someone gives you a sincere apology, you should accept it. That's all they can really do to make it up to you, and it takes a lot of guts to humble yourself before someone you have wronged.
                        i did actually accept is apology, i was kind about it, but the guy still makes me cringe when i think about it, when another customer is getting ready to beat up an old guy cause he felt for your safety you know its bad.
                        Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                        That was very good of him, and so rare to experience.

I have NEVER had an SC apologize to me.
                        neither have i, i was surprised, when i saw him comming i almost ran. but i stayed and greeted him with a smile like i greet every one, and tried to show that it did not effect me so badly
                        "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

McDonald's: it's not just a job, it's a career McJob Sentence McHell on earth!
                          There. McFixed that but good.

I'm quite thankful that I don't have any sort of job where I could be recognized outside of work.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike:
                            Ahh the good old days of McDonald's...

The wonderful customers, smelling like grease and french fries for hours after your shift was over, the unsupportive managers, the annoying children.
                            ...And the burn scars from the fry vat, the frequent order changes that for some reason are YOUR fault, co-workers who bamboozle you into doing your job for them...

Comment

McDonald's: it's not just a job, it's a career McJob Sentence McHell on earth McNinth Circle Of Hell
                              Somehow, it still didn't look right.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X