This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lulu View Post
    CC : They used to be £4.99, why isn't it £4.99? You people have gotten SO expensive! You used to be sooo cheap!
    ...CC : You and *the competition* are in league together! The price was the same over there! Price fixing is illegal! I want a discount! You're ALL SO EXPENSIVE!
    Somebody obviously has not heard of inflation, or cost-of-living increases. Or maybe he has, and is just being an ass (more likely). Jeeze, the price went up a whole £1. Call the media!

I'd hate to see him at the local petrol station. "This used to be £1 a liter, now it's £5 a liter!* Why are you so expensive? You used to be sooo cheap! I want a discount! Waah!"

*okay, I'm guessing, I have no idea what petrol costs in the UK.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I was re-pricing some cans after the price had gone up, and some old fart grumbled at me for "jacking up the prices."

I'll admit I don't know what his financial situation was, but I was just a poor college student, and I had to pay those same prices. We didn't even get any kind of employee discount.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Speaking of hagglers, I think the funniest one I ever had was the guy who tried to haggle of the price of a hammer that was on clearance for 3 dollars or something like that.

He asked me what was the lowest price we'd take on it. I told him 3 dollars. He put the hammer down and walked away.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I get people who joke about the parking price and I'm okay with it. I do get hagglers once in a while, my personal favorite is "Nice car" discount.
          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I had someone try and haggle me over the price of a Crispy Chicken. He tried for 5 minutes before I just walked away.

*Grabs stress ball*
            Just 3 more shi-er, shifts. Just 3 more. 3.
            *Breaks stress ball*
            Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Oh, you just know I had intense loads of customers through the movie stores.
              "I can get this cheaper at Wal-Mart!"
              M: "Yup, but it'll be censored, first off."
              "No it won't."
              M: "Trust me, it will. Wal-Mart refuses to stock certain things unless they're censored. I've seen Sopranos box sets come through our store, by way of people attempting to return them, but they don't show up in our system because they're censored."

Or, the infamous:
              "I can get this cheaper at Best Buy."
              M: "Yup. But that's because Best Buy used to own us, and jacked up our prices to make themselves look better. Not to mention, you won't get anyone to help you in the movies. Their big-ticket stuff gets all the attention, you know? Computers, video games, televisions..."
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Haggle? Sure....let's HAGGLE!

I may have told this before, but it definitely fits in here, so if I am reposting and it bothers anyone, sorry.

Anyway, being a bartender I can be a bit more of a smartass than many of y'all. Following is a typical exchange, which I do so love. (And yes, I do this all with a straight face, albeit my straight face typically has a hint of a devilish grin....)

SC: "Two Budweisers please."
                ME: "Sure. That will be seven dollars, please."
                SC: "How about five dollars, and we call it even?"
                ME: "Nine dollars it is."
                SC: "No, I said five. FIVE."
                ME: "No problem. Eleven dollars."
                SC: "Can we go back to seven?"
                ME: "No problem. Seven dollars. Pleasure doing business with you, sir."

Amusingly, I DO have the authority to make deals, within reason. You know who I make deals for? Right: good customers!!! You know, the kind that doesn't need to haggle in the first place.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working at a thrift store people think it's let's make a deal. Um no.

The ones that annoy me most are people who bring up Ralph Lauren, Liz Claiborne, Gucci, Louis Vutton, etc.

Why is this so much!!!! I can get (a pair of shoes, shirt, pants, purse etc.) at Wal-mart for 4.99!!

I'd like to know what wal-mart sells a ralph lauren shirt for 4.99.

Comment

Well, by god, go to freakin' wal-mart!

Oh, if you could only say what you want to say!
                    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
                      Why? Because there's a certain breed of guy who believes, deep down in his heart, that if he acts like that to people, then they will resepct him.

Because He Takes No Crap.

Because he's In Charge.

Sometimes, it works.

Other times, they get slapped down hard for it.

Sometimes literally.
                      You just described my ex to a T, sorry to say. He was quite embarrassing to go out in public with there toward the last.

And no, that attitude doesn't always work. Folks like that usually end up being laughed at behind their backs (at the very least.)
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Thrifty View Post
                        Working at a thrift store people think it's let's make a deal. Um no.

The ones that annoy me most are people who bring up Ralph Lauren, Liz Claiborne, Gucci, Louis Vutton, etc.

Why is this so much!!!! I can get (a pair of shoes, shirt, pants, purse etc.) at Wal-mart for 4.99!!

I'd like to know what wal-mart sells a ralph lauren shirt for 4.99.
                        At the Goodwill I worked at, for the longest time, if you were REALLY lucky, you could find "mega brand name" clothing for only a couple of dollars. Eventually, the manager decided that the dim spark in his brain was an idea and told us to up the price a bit. Soooooo, long story short, Tommy Hilfiger (sp? because I don't care...) jeans could range between $2.99-$9.99 a pair, depending on who was pricing and if they cared.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                          Soooooo, long story short, Tommy Hilfiger (sp? because I don't care...)
                          It's spelled HI£FIGER.

Or if you're stateside, it can also go by HIGHFIGURE$.

(And... they're kinda boring clothes. Can't the designer put something better than his logo on the clothes? There's a pretty simple logic. You pay me to advertise your stuff. Not the other way around.)

Comment

Quoth heathermv View Post
                            Well, by god, go to freakin' wal-mart!

Oh, if you could only say what you want to say!
                            No don't send them to us we get enough, SCs as it is. BTW they do the same thing with us, telling us they can get it cheaper at K-Mart, Target, a flea market, or "the dollar store" .

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
                              BTW they do the same thing with us, telling us they can get it cheaper at K-Mart, Target, a flea market, or "the dollar store" .
                              Target is actually CHEAPER than Wal-Mart? Is that possible??
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                                Target is actually CHEAPER than Wal-Mart? Is that possible??
                                Yup. Not often, but at times and for specific items. Especially if Wal-Mart has been around longer than six month to a year, which is when they quietly start raising their "introductory" prices up to the "standard" ones.

(That's not an uncommon practice, BTW, and not illegal. Watch grocery stores in college towns. August/September, prices are low. They quietly creep up starting October/November.)

Comment

Working...
                                X