This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Lot Suckage

How to explain this...ok, lets try this way. I work at a jewelry store that is located outside a mall. The mall has many large parking lots around it, and then there is this perimeter road that runs all around it. If you drive on that road, you will be lead to one of the multiple exits to the main roads that surround the mall. My store is located across this perimeter road.

Today I am not scheduled to work until 6 (I work two jobs and my retail job forgot that my full time job was closed today) but I am thinking about going to work early. I drove by the mall on my way to get some lunch, and noticed that our parking lot is full. I am pretty sure that the majority of those cars belong to people who are across the street in the mall, and NOT in our store. Really, that just pisses me off. They are taking parking spots from people who might actually want to come into our store and buy something...and they are taking parking spots from us employees too!

Man....this is going to suck.

It's a private lot. Do you have signs posted to that effect?
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
      It's a private lot. Do you have signs posted to that effect?
      Never mind that. How about a sign that says "Tow Away Zone" like many other businesses have?

Comment

I got that, that one year I worked at WalMart on my first Black Friday. I was suppose to be in at 4:30am. I could not find a spot for anything. Then when I did, I was a 1/2 hr late.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Easy solution for next year....

1) Get several signs made up for the entrance and other areas of the lot that say "Parking is for "store" customers and employees. All others may be towed at car owners expense"

2) Get several greedy tow truck operators that will be available on Black Friday

3) When the lot gets crowded, call TT operators and ask them to be there in half an hour

4) Once they arrive, get two employees with radios, one in the store, one in the lot.

5) Start radioing in liscense plate numbers to the employee in the store to see if the person is in the store.

6) If they are, continue on to the next car. If they aren't, hook it up and get it out of there.

7) Smile.

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post

1) Get several signs made up for the entrance and other areas of the lot that say "Parking is for "store" customers and employees. All others may be towed at car owners expense"

2) Get several greedy tow truck operators that will be available on Black Friday

3) When the lot gets crowded, call TT operators and ask them to be there in half an hour

4) Once they arrive, get two employees with radios, one in the store, one in the lot.

5) Start radioing in liscense plate numbers to the employee in the store to see if the person is in the store.

6) If they are, continue on to the next car. If they aren't, hook it up and get it out of there.

7) Smile.
            Thats a good idea, just to see their faces when they go back to their cars & find them gone.
            Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Let's Go Racing Boys

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post

7) Smile.
              Now that is just deliciously evil.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Not related to Black Friday, but related to parking lots. I once was heading for a parking space (I was about 10 feet away) and a guy in a pickup truck (of course) at the other end of the parking lot (a lot farther away) wanted the space. So he blinked his headlights at me.

Needless to say I and pulled into the space. He got pissed and peeled through the lot.

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post

7) Smile.
                  How would you know who belongs to the cars just by knowing their license plate number?

Comment

yeah change 3,45,6,and 7 and a 8 and 9
                    3. Install video cameras at the entrances of the parkinglot and through the parking lot and at the entrance
                    4. also get some fbi quality photo identication software.
                    5 and 6 see your 3 and 4
                    7. have employee in store reading you license plates of the customers you actually entered the store

8 and 9 same as your 6 and 7

Comment

Yeah...yesterday when I got to work we had maybe three customers in the store and a full parking lot. I guess one douche parked in one of our front spots and then walked over to the mall.

Sadly, we really can't tow or ticket or even put up signs. We rent our space from the mall, so technically mall shoppers can park in our lot no problem. It sucks, but what can you do?

Comment

Quoth theredbaron47 View Post
                        How would you know who belongs to the cars just by knowing their license plate number?
                        The idea is the employee in the store will be asking "does anyone own a white Toyota, license #ABC123?" If someone says yes, then you continue on to the next car.

Comment

Working...
                        X