This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telling off jerks=life is sweet!

I just thought this would make you all happy to hear.

I have a friend who makes jewelry. He's works a lot of Ren Faires, Scottish festivals, SCA Wars, etc. He is very well known on the scene.

If you come to his booth and show your ass, he will break a foot off in it for you. He's his own boss. And he doesn't like the atmosphere in his booth to be fouled with the smell of Sucky People.

He told me one guy came in trying to throw around some attitude, trying to get discounts, badmouthed his employees, etc. My friend actually took merchandise out of the guy's hand, put it back on the table, and told the guy to pound sand. Guy started in with the classic old chestnut "I'll tell all my friends not to buy from you."

My friend came back with "Good, that's awesome, because if they are friends with you, they're probably huge assholes just like you are. So please, tell them not to shop here and save me the trouble of throwing them out, too. Tell your family, too, I don't want to see any of them here, either."

It's probably worth mentioning that another friend of mine who used to work for him actually took some money out of the till, handed it to a PITA woman at a different place and told her that it was worth it to pay her to leave.

These people don't play around.

WOOT! I've never had to get that aggressive, but its so great to work for yourself. (Is he a poster on mailleartisans.org, cause the attitude sounds WAY too familiar).
    ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

I agree. Does he have a website we can check out? We like to support those who tell off the asshats.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

She mailed it to me, I'll leave it up to her whether she wants to give it to anyone else. Looks like real nice stuff. (Xmas ideas!)
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

I felt a little uncomfortable posting a story about my friend's lack of patience with asshats along with a link to his site on a public forum, but I will be happy to private message folks with it, if they are interested. I don't want to give any asshats lurking here free reign to aim their asshattery at my friend.

Comment

Working...
          X