• Show
Clear All

Wow. No words.....
    ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Wow.

No, I don't think WoW is available on the Wii.

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
        If they take out Nintendo, wouldn't that make SEGA the oldest company to be involved in gaming? Though they probably still wouldn't make a new console (which, argueably, may be a good thing >.>)
        sega decided to drop out of the business after the collosal failure of the dreamcast (which was a stronger system than the ps1 btw) because they failed to properly advertise and wasted what advertising they had on horrible games such as seaman, afterwards, sega vowed never to create another console and have devoted themselves to being a third party game developer...

this is what happens when you read gamepro for a living

Comment

Quoth bob the goat View Post
          He pointed out that the $10 was applied to the cost of the system, that they would call her to notify her that it was in, and that they would hold it for 48 hours. If she did not claim it then they would sell it, then put one from the next shipment on hold. If she missed 3 shipments then the $10 would be mailed back to her.
          Token hold fee. 48 hour hold. THREE shipment windows! Return of deposit. Deposit applied toward purchase. What really makes this SC Sucky with a capital 'S' is that this has got to be the most generous hold policy I've ever heard of.

Too bad you have a real life BtG; you could probably make a pretty good living following this woman around and capitalizing on her stupidity on a daily basis

Comment

**UPDATE** I am 28. I have been gaming since you had to load a cassette in the PET, or program it yourself in the Apple 2E. My first PC was a $3500 386 at a whopping 16 mhz, and with a hard drive so large the salesman laughed when my dad asked for it...40MB, and an INSANE 1 MEG of RAM.

Now that you know I am qualified to make this statement:

THE WII IS THE COOOOLLLLLEEEESSSSSTTTTTTT CONSOLE EVER INVENTED!!!!!

I only really wanted it to see this new control setup that they are using. I can not even begin to describe the ammount of cool that is contains. I have tennis elbow and sore hands I played for so long last night.

Comment

It's really incredible how some people are just so dead-set on not following the rules
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Reminds me of an event in my early gaming years.

Let me set the stage for you. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was just released in mid November. Back then pre-ordering a game was still a generally new concept. Especially the idea of pre-ordering and getting something special along with it. In this case a golden Zelda Cartridge, just like the original NES Zelda games. Some stores, like the one I went to made a big production out of it. Not only would you get the golden game you got a goody bag as well. It contained; a tee-shirt, a Link PVC figure and a mini poster. The bag itself was Zelda themed. Oh yea, the box the game came in had a nifty hologram as well.

The magical day came and I made my way to the mall. I knew it was a bad sign for the store was filled with middle age women lining up to buy stuff. I got behind them and it was clear they where all here for the same thing, Golden Zelda. If you did not pre-order all you got was a lousy gray cartridge. Of course they wanted the gold cartridge. They where quite adamant about it. Something about ruining Christmas or something. Well each woman in line that was there for the golden Zelda tried to buy one, and each on failed. Finally it was my turn. I handed the man by reservation ticket he looked it up. He then went into the back an pulled out the Golden Cartridge. All heads turned as the man made up the goodie bag and slid the cartridge in. He then printed off the receipt and handed me my bag (When a Reserved a Game back in high school I paid in full so I knew I would have enough cash.)

After finally seeing the golden game this set the woman off. The one next to me at the second cashier had this look of pure anger. She was buying two, of course she wanted the golden game, but was stuck with 2 gray ones. Now some kid was getting the thing standing between her and Christmas . She gets in a new argument about why she Deserves a Golden Zelda. While I high tail it out of the store. Meanwhile all the women were staring at me, I thought I would be mugged.

To this day I still have my T-shirt (it never fit anyway), the Bag it came in (its golden with the Zelda logo) and my Collectors edition Zelda. And I know the secret of the gaming the world;

Pre-order = getting it on release day + Free Swag

*Goes off to play with his Punching Ghaleon*

Comment

Okay, I'm not much of a techie or gamer type person (i.e. I would spend quite literally one, maybe two days a year playing any sort of computer/video game).

Perhaps this is why, despite the fact that the joke is both already old and very obvious, I just find the name of the Nintendo Wii hilarious. Weeeeee, wwwwweeeee, weeeeeeeeee, weeeeeeeeee....

I am so immature!

Comment

I am a techie (first computer Dragon 32) and a gamer (since 1955, and including the first issue of D&D in the UK) but I think joking about the name of the Wii will never get stale.

Weeeeee! "I'm off to the shops." "Why?" "I'm going for a Wii!"

At first I thought that it was a supremely stupid choice of name for a console, now I am beginning to suspect that it was a masterful marketing decision.

Perhaps their next console will be bright green, and called a Pii?

Comment

My x-mas shopping had me standing in line at Eb buying a ds game for someone.

I stood in front of 3 mothers all who had thier Wii's waiting for them at the counter all claiming this was the LAST PLACE in the city with any.

I heard the cashier say they had 9 Wii's left, I contemplated whippin' out the visa and grabbing a few and standing outside the store....lol

Then the christmas spirit hit me and I figured I'd just finish my own shopping.

Comment

bob, I think I'll stick to my 360 and older consoles. But what can I say, I'm lazy.

Daskinor, we're now getting the same thing with Rock Band. My store, our mall store and walmart are pretty much the only places to buy video games within an hour. So we actually didn't get any copies in besides the ones that were preordered. And then the angry mothers screamed and yelled, bitched and moaned, the same ones I'd seen in the previous weeks denying to preorder it.

I told them they were more than welcome to drive to the Best Buy an hour away, they had plenty...
                        Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Quoth bob the goat View Post

THE WII IS THE COOOOLLLLLEEEESSSSSTTTTTTT CONSOLE EVER INVENTED!!!!!
                          Indeed, I remember my trip in Boston last year where they talked about how the graphics on the Twilight Princess game was "really sick" (Boston slang for something awesome/excellent) at the local GameStop there. I wonder what the Metroid game must be like?

However, if I was able to get my hands on a Wii, I'd just load up on Virtual Console games first.

Comment

Quoth iLOVEcustomerservice View Post
                            sega decided to drop out of the business after the collosal failure of the dreamcast (which was a stronger system than the ps1 btw) because they failed to properly advertise and wasted what advertising they had on horrible games such as seaman.
                            I still have and love my Dreamcast. They definitely didn't go wrong with Shenmue. Shame that SEGA doesn't make consoles anymore.
                            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

oh yea i still have mine as well but i never bothered with that seaman crap and i bought all the rpg's they could muster before they died.

Comment

Quoth iLOVEcustomerservice View Post
                                oh yea i still have mine as well but i never bothered with that seaman crap and i bought all the rpg's they could muster before they died.
                                Speaking of...

There's word that a sequal to Skies of Arcadia is in the works, and it is not a rumor. It really is in the works, below the radar for the moment. Glee!
                                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                                X