This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth LexiaFira View Post
    it probably doesn't help to know that businesses get charged for how many times a customers wipes their card or uses their card. thats why the limit of the incorrect pin numer is only two or three cause you're charged each time.
    Are you sure? I was told it's a theft prevention thing. Once is a mis-remember. Twice is a mis-punch. If someone can't get their number right in 3 tries, it's likely not their card. But most stores don't want the scene of telling someone something like that.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post

This does not mean stare off blankly into space daydreaming about the wrap you ate at KFC for lunch, or how much fun you'll have popping bubble wrap when you get home. PUSH A BUTTON!
      When I daydream about popping bubble wrap, I daydream about running it over with the forklift, so it sounds like a string of firecrackers going off.

Or one of those big air-filled plastic pillows. Those sound like a shotgun blast.

I have done this with both, to the amusement and/or consternation of my co-workers.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Slow-Jo View Post
        i too, do not understand why people seem to forget that they need to sign a slip. my 5 year old twin nieces even fraking know how to use a credit card (they have a mini cash register, and play store alot)

when i was a cashier at my old job people used to steal pens like crazy! i caught one guy trying to steal one and he just looked at me and said "what? you mean they are not free?" idiot.
        finally i got this huge mother of a pen that was so obviouse, i didnt think anyone would steal it! people even complained it was so big.
        it lasted a week.
        My local BMV has started taping fake leaves and ribbons and junk to their pens to make them obvious.

At where I work, chaining the pens to the counter doesn't even work. I had a lady yank it right off and walk out with it. She came back in a couple minutes later, chain dragging from her purse. "I don't know HOW that happened!"
        "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
        "Red."
        "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
        "RED!"
        "..."

Comment

Working...
        X