This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babysitting is not in my job description

I work at a bowling alley, and we have a lot of leagues that run on a regular basis. There is one Large Family that come in to watch the 2 teams of five bowl on their night, and by large family i mean like 40 people. they have about 15 kids ages 3 about 15. Now dont get wrong, the nicest people in the world, just a lot of them. Now i work in the kitchen/dining room, at the completely other end of the building. The kids like to come down and hang out down there, and the parents ahve no problem with it... but i do. We have creamers out for the coffee... they drink those. Most nights at least one sugar has to be dumped because there is salt in it. Adn you know that practical joke where you leave the lid loose and then the next person dumps it all.... they all end up that way. i just dont understand, i've worked there a year now and never have a seen the sign that says "*bowling alley name* Babysitting Service"

whatever

Because in SC language, every store name automatically means Free Baby-Sitting Service. It pisses me off also.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Can't you say something to your manager about this? I mean, if this happens every time these kids are in there, you would think something could be done about it. At least have them spoken to that if crap like that continues, they will no longer be welcome at the bowling alley.

Comment

I once had a woman walk up to me when I was on cash and ask me if I could watch her two kids for about 20 minutes while she did her shopping.
        I told her no and that if she left them with me I would have to call LP. Obviously she bitched, said it was ridiculous, complained that I was, "just standing there anyway," and how can I expect her to do her shopping with her kids with her.

Want to know the best part?
        I work at Ikea. We have a children's play area where you can leave your little brats for up to 45 minutes and employees will watch after them.
        It's free.
        However all children in the play area must be potty trained, and after telling this woman all about the play area she informed me that her three year-old was still in diapers.

Wow.

Comment

If they're nice it shouldn't be a problem to talk to them about it. Especially if you bring up the shenannigans their little spawn are pulling.

Comment

Working...
          X