X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "They're not Holiday stamps, they're CHRISTMAS STAMPS!!!!"

Crazy christmas lady.

I was working the desk when a lady walked up. I barely got it a 'How can I help you?' when she started going off.

"You need to tell your cashiers that your stamps are CHRISTMAS stamps, NOT HOLIDAY STAMPS. It is CHRISTMAS, and YOU need to TELL them that! DO I HAVE TO PUT THIS IN WRITING?"

Uh.... "No, ma'am... I'll leave a note,"

The lady STAMPED HER FOOT, then marched out the door. Cue laughing from CW's. I asked a couple of the front end people about it, and apparently what happened was when the cashier asked if she'd like to buy some Holiday stamps, she went off on how it's not the holidays(?), it's Christmas time, and we'd ought to recognize it. "DO I HAVE TO PUT IT IN WRITING???" is now a running joke...

By the way, the stamps have things like snowflakes and snowmen on them...

Anyone have anything similar recently?
    "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Quoth Nakajo View Post
    The lady STAMPED HER FOOT, then marched out the door.

Did she also put her hands over her ears and yell "LA LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING!"?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

O'Rielly has his foot soldiers on the march.. look out.
      I will never go to school!

Comment

I've heard of similar "holiday" vs. "christmas" suckiness, but thank goodness I haven't really seen it myself. I usually wish someone happy holidays instead of merry christmas because Christmas and NewYears are both holidays and fall together in a short time frame. If I say "Happy Holidays", it covers both. Has nothing to do with the whole political-correctness thing. Some people need to get over themselves.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

It's also Hanukkah, Eid, and Kwanzaa. Some pagans celebrate December 21st as Solstice and/or enjoy the season of Yule, as our household does. Yet somehow we can still wish someone Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah etc and enjoy doing so, even if we don't observe that holiday ourselves. Yeesh.

JMHO: Christmas Nazis are eedjits.

Comment

All I have to say is.......who really cares what the stamps have on them? As long as it pays the postage for what I send out, I'm happy.

Comment

UGH not this again! I'm 36 and for my entire life Happy Holidays has been used without freaks getting into a huff. Hell, Bing Crosby sang Happy Holidays. I've even seen an ad in a newspaper from the 1880s that said Happy Holidays. These people would whine if they had a million dollars in their pocket and the sun was shining.

Comment

I think Lewis Blacks response to this was the best.
                idiot- You should say merry christmas
                lb- yes, but there is also new years, so really it would be merry christmas and a happy new year, together they would be considered holidays, and some of us have sh*t to do and prefer to just say Happy Holidays
                (and yes, I know that isn'tthe exact quote, but you get the idea).
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Damn . . . I should have pointed that out to the guy at the UPS store this morning when I went to mail off the rest of the Christmas cards. Why didn't I get the memo? Did someone run out of the new cover sheets?

I also had to pick up a book of stamps . . . the snowflakes and snowmen are cute this year. They look like needlepoint.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

you know what you can use alot of the same images for Merry Christmas and Happy holidays

Comment

I could see her point IF the set had mangers, christmas trees, etc. I'd actually call a set with snowflakes, snowmen, etc. "Winter" or "Seasonal." If the set was like some I've seen that have a mix of all the holidays that happen around this time, then, yeah, lady, it is a holiday set.
                      The icon is a bunny with a spiked collar from some carpet ad.

Comment

Eh, just call 'em Holy Mary Mother of God the Lord of Heavenly Hosts Stamps. Maybe that'll shut 'em up.

Comment

Quoth mae View Post
                          I shudder to think how she'd react if you called out "Season's Greetings" to her on her way out.
                          That would have been hilarious!

I have to agree with Brighid45, there are a lot of holidays right this time of year. I happen to celebrate Yule as well (there's a reason my screen name is "Pagan"!), but most people won't know it just looking at me.

I think it was Wally World last year had their greeters saying "Happy Holidays" and naturally, some people got offended. Because they weren't saying "Merry Christmas." These idiots went one better and "suggested" that the greeters try to figure out what each persons religion was and greet them accordingly! How the hell were they supposed to do that? You can't tell Christian from Jew from Muslim from Pagan just by looking at some one!
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Scagnettie View Post
                            These people would whine if they had a million dollars in their pocket and the sun was shining.
                            That would be me, because I burn easily.
                            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                              That would be me, because I burn easily.
                              Buy a floppy hat and a high-SPF moisture-wicking summer outfit with some of that million. But then you wouldn't have a million dollars anymore.
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                              X