This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the drive-thru blues.

I got a sucky customer story from my second week of work at McDonalds. I've been working here a month now.

// Start

Me: Me.
    SC: Idiot in the drive-thru.
    AM: Assistant Manager.
    NCC: The next car customer.

Okay, 2 weeks ago I was put on drive-thru serving(pretty easy, hand out food and keep things stocked up), which is the 2nd window where you pick up your food, and of course, you pay at the 1st window. It was the middle of dinner time. It was very busy in both the dining room and the drive-thru. Anyway, I open the window and right when I'm about to hand out the bag and thank the customer:

SC: I've been waiting in the drive-thru for 20 minutes!!!
    (This was hard for me to believe because cars were moving at a fast pace through the drive-thru. All the orders are on the screen and none of them had been waiting that long.)

Me: I'm sorry sir.(I look in the bag to see what was in it and make sure the order was correct. There was a cheeseburger and a small fry).

Me: Sir, did you order a cheeseburger and a small fry?

SC: No! I haven't even had my order taken yet! Don't you people know how to work a drive-thru?! I want to speak to a manager!

Me: Okay, sir, I'll get a manager.(I go get a manager).

AM: Sir, what is the problem?

SC: I'm not blaming you for what these idiots are doing, but you need to get some people in here that know what they're doing!

AM: I'm sorry for your wait sir. What would you like to order?

SC: I want a 2 cheeseburger meal with a Coke and a nuggets happy meal and I want the drink to be half Sprite and half Hi-C! My daughter likes her drink that way!
    (Manager rings in the order, SC pays for his food, gets his change, and AM hands him his food)

AM: Thank you coming sir. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

SC: This is bullshit! I want to speak with a general manager!

AM: The general manager (GM's name) is not here right now, but I'll give you the store's phone number and the time you can reach him.(AM writes down the number and gives it to SC).

SC: I'm going to make sure he hears from me!
    (SC speeds off like a bat out of hell and the next car customer(NCC) pulls up).

NCC: Wow, did that idiot mess you guys up? He just drove all the way around. He didn't even bother ordering at the speaker, he just drove passed all the cars.

// End

I have no idea what that idiot was thinking.
    Last edited by Terry; 12-01-2007, 08:51 PM.

That if he lied, you'd believe him, and he would get what he wanted without waiting in line. Which is exactly what happened, not that you could have known.

Did you tell your manager what NSC said, to be sure no one would get in trouble for SC's lies?
    The icon is a bunny with a spiked collar from some carpet ad.

Comment

Quoth napoleana View Post
      That if he lied, you'd believe him, and he would get what he wanted without waiting in line. Which is exactly what happened, not that you could have known.

Did you tell your manager what NSC said, to be sure no one would get in trouble for SC's lies?
      The assistant manager was still up there when NCC drove up. He heard what he said. No, I didn't believe the guy at all that he had to wait 20 minutes.

Comment

Geez, so he's an SC AND a liar. I think all he needs is to make a preposterous and unreasonable return and he'll have the triple crown.
        Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

Working...
        X