This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivering Newspapers

I did this for a short time.. It was a 7 day a week job and the hours were from 1 AM to when ever you got done.

Ok, so I had this chronic complainer, he claimed he had a special Newpaper tube, kinda like a mail box.. If he had one, I never saw it.. One the paper they printed out with the customers names addresses and who got what paper service, some would have instructions, the SC's instructions were "Put paper in paper tube".. Anyone with have a brain would put the paper tube next to their mail box or at least in plain sight. Everyday this SC would call and complain! "I want the paper in the tube".. What tube? I'd be at home asleep if he called so my supervisor always got the call.. I'd throw the paper on his lawn: He'd call and complain. I'd throw it on his front walk: He'd call and complain. I'd throw it on his front porch: He'd call and complain.

I'd place it on his door mat, in his mail box, next to his mail box, between his screen and front door.. Always the same complain, complain, complain.. My supervisor checked it out and he could not find the said paper tube either.. And the guy would never give me a straight answer when he was asked where this paper tube was.

Finally one day he called when I was there and I asked him where was the paper tube, and all I got was a "I want the paper put in the tube!".. Fed up I told him to come over here and bend over... I'd tubeit for him.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
    Finally one day he called when I was there and I asked him where was the paper tube, and all I got was a "I want the paper put in the tube!".. Fed up I told him to come over here and bend over... I'd tube it for him.
    That makes me smile. What did he say when you told him that?

Comment

Maybe the guy wanted you to bring him a tube.

Or maybe he was just an idiot.

Comment

Quoth PhotoChick View Post
        Maybe the guy wanted you to bring him a tube.

Or maybe he was just an idiot.
        Can it be both?

Comment

I remember doing this for a while about a year ago. We had a nor easter come through up here about that time, and my father and I were delivering papers in it... double bagged tied off and all, which made us late delivering. Depending on your type of driveway, though, you would occasionally still get soppy papers!

I had to wade in waist deep water (we actually floated the mini van some of the way) to get these people their paper. The next day we get the complaint list.

What do you know?

"Customer called to complain that paper was wet."

I just told the guy who hands out the lists "I should call them and tell them I want to complain because I was soaked from head to toe to get them the paper in the first place!"

Comment

Should I mention that I have a jewel of a paper route? USA Today hotel route here in Phoenix, $160/wk to put papers at the rooms in four hotels and drop bundles at a fifth. A heavy week is 15hrs of work.
            Seph
            Taur10
            "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

... next time you deliver his paper go up and ring the door bell until he wakes up and answers and demand to see the tube.

Comment

*sigh* It's been pouring all night/day and my first paper was soaked. My gf keeps calling, but we haven't gotten a replacement, yet. I'm past caring, but I walk to work every morning and see the deliveries being made. Whoever it is NEVER gets out of their car ... they just toss the papers wherever, let alone the fact that they're speeding down dark streets driving in a serpentine pattern to deliver to both sides of the street. And even if you purchased one of their "special" paper receptacles, the papers will never, ever be in them if the car can't just pull right up to it. *sigh* Guess the days of paper boys/girls and delivery tips are over.
                I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Working...
                X